Aft near pool or Caribe balcony?

snowbegone

Going with friends for their lst cruise on the Caribbean Princess. A few rooms we see available are R701 or 702 and C255 or 259. We have never had a balcony before. There doesn't seem to be many rooms left for March 09 and am starting to panic. Has anyone had any of these rooms?

Any problems/benefits?

I would definitely take one of the Caribe balcony cabins. The balconies are MUCH larger and they are 1/2 covered, 1/2 open which gives you the best of both worlds. The Caribe balconies are the most coveted balcony rooms so I'd jump on one of them right away.

Plus R701 and R702 are right below the 24 hr buffet restaurant - you could hear foot traffic. The caribe balconies are definitely the best!!!:)

Ahh that answers a question I've had for a long time! On a lot of cruises I see that R701 and 702 are free long after the other cabins have sold. Now I know why!

There doesn't seem to be many rooms left for March 09 and am starting to panic.
If you are basing this on the website list of ~6 rooms, don't. Booking engines don't show the full list of available rooms, and the ones you mention are the most midships/desireable within the BC/BE categories. The computer lists the most theoretically desireable rooms first and then moves forward or aft--which probably means that there are many rooms still available, just not listed. You can check on the Princess website by entering specific room numbers, but in general, the category is not filling up until you see the most forward/aft rooms show up or less than six rooms listed.

Archived