Kids club questions....

:confused: On our past cruises with Disney and Carnival, we have always tipped the girls councilers(SP?) with cash or Target gift cards or phone cards. Has everyone tipped them? How much? Thanks... Going to Target today and Ill grab some giftcards.

:confused: On our past cruises with Disney and Carnival, we have always tipped the girls councilers(SP?) with cash or Target gift cards or phone cards. Has everyone tipped them? How much? Thanks... Going to Target today and Ill grab some giftcards.

Many of the ports the ships go to don't have Targets anywhere near them. And if they do it might be quite a distance and the staff doesn't have cars to get there. Give them cash, good anywhere.

I would not do gift cards! It would be difficult for the crew to cash them in.......

Cash is best, I tip between $50-$100 per week for a 7 day cruise. I have two kids so it depends if my oldest (14) participates for the week. My DD (8) always participates!! The youth staff does a fantastic job!!

In my opinion, cash or the phone cards is the best! :)

I would do cash. Most of the phone cards we buy in the US are only usable to call from the US, they don't work outside the US. Besides most of the crew has access to cell phones or cheaper phone cards.

Actually on DCL the kids club staff can not take tips. Whatever you give them is "Suppose" to be pooled for all of the staff. If you give gift cards, they are placed in a pool for raffle insentives. I usually bring them candy for the meetings they have during cruise turn over.

Now how about RCCL? Can they keep it themselves? I would think that cash would work best as most of the staff have international cell phones.

I also hear that on RCCL, you have to pay for childcare after 10PM, so do you give these staff tips or are they the same people that run the clubs during the day?:confused:

Archived