Smoking or no smoking

Pontius Navigator

Should smoking be permitted, limited or banned?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should smoking be permitted, limited or banned?

• Permit smoking anywhere
    • Permit smoking inside, on balconies and on deck
    • Permit smoking on balconies and on deck
    • Limit smoking to open decks
    • Prohibit smoking

Gerry M:

By wise men I mean those who can post opinion and have sufficient confidence in their own viewpoints to not have to resort to abusing those with a differing opinion.

By fools I refer to those who lack any intellectual capacity or have no confidence in their own viewpoints and can then only resort to abuse.

I work well within the rules. It is a pity that an unspeakable minority cannot do the same.

Gerry M:

By wise men I mean those who can post opinion and have sufficient confidence in their own viewpoints to not have to resort to abusing those with a differing opinion.

By fools I refer to those who lack any intellectual capacity or have no confidence in their own viewpoints and can then only resort to abuse.

I work well within the rules. It is a pity that an unspeakable minority cannot do the same.

Yawn

Not the one trick pony again.

Cb

• 2 weeks later...

As a smoker all I want is for cruise lines to tell me in advance what their policies are. If they don't want smokers - fine - tell me and I'll book elsewhere. I don't want to smoke in anyone's face so if I could book on the Costa Nicotine, the Princess Margaret or the Fagg-end of the Seas, I would.

Clearer information from all cruise lines, who seem to want to be all things to all people, would help us all, smokers & non-smokers.

Anecdotedly, I think that smokers may provide a higher onboard spend for the ships than the healthier folk.

As a smoker all I want is for cruise lines to tell me in advance what their policies are. If they don't want smokers - fine - tell me and I'll book elsewhere. I don't want to smoke in any one's face so if I could book on the Costa Nicotine, the Princess Margaret or the Fagg-end of the Seas, I would.

Clearer information from all cruise lines, who seem to want to be all things to all people, would help us all, smokers & non-smokers.

Anecdotal, I think that smokers may provide a higher onboard spend for the ships than the healthier folk.

Exactly, that is all we smokers request, but you would not think so from the posting's of some of the ANTI zealots.

Regards

Cb

I don't want to smoke in anyone's face

However in the admittedly small poll 7% of smokers wished to smoke anywhere. I agree however that 4 times as many wanted n smoking at all.

Anecdotedly, I think that smokers may provide a higher onboard spend for the ships than the healthier folk.

You may well be right as many smokers seem to congregate in the ships bars, soke, talk and drink. Non-smokers, possibly not wishing to venture into smoky bars do not drink as much.

I have seen the furore, if that is right, about deposits not being transferable. You may be interested to know that:

Smoking will not be allowed in cabins or public areas on Oceana, Ventura or Artemis from October and it is expected that this will applly to Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora from the 2009 Euromed season.

Smoking will be allowed on cabin balconies and certain areas of the open decks.

These areas may be subject to change and confirmation will be available in the cabin on embrakation.

I have seen the furore, if that is right, about deposits not being transferable. You may be interested to know that:

Smoking will not be allowed in cabins or public areas on Oceana, Ventura or Artemis from October and it is expected that this will apply to Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora from the 2009 Euromed season.

Smoking will be allowed on cabin balconies and certain areas of the open decks.

These areas may be subject to change and confirmation will be available in the cabin on embrakation.

HOWEVER, if you refer to the 2010 World Cruise brochure you will note that smoking will be allowed in a "designated public room"

It could appear that the quiet majority of smokers are just taking their holiday pounds elsewhere.

The other change you mention could be because P&O are hemorrhaging 2009 customers; smokers?

Regards Cruisebore

Cruisebore, I suggest that the 2010 brochure might be subject to change. True, change from their stated policy, by letter, this week, may change in 2010 to allow smoking in a public room. OTOH it could equally stop smoking on balconies.

As it is, today's policy is to disallow smoking in public rooms. Certainly we found Le Club on Oceana to be a no-go area because of smoking.

Archived