transportation options?

cruisehappy27

I posted this in a different spot but thought it might be better suited here, sorry for the repost:

Okay here's the deal...we are sailing out of Port Canaveral in January. We have rented a car to drive from the Airport to the Port and have also rented a car to drive back from the port to Disney World. Here is my question: we will only have Saturday (the day we arive back in Port Canaveral) to see as much of Disney as possible so we want to be as time efficient as possible. To rent a car for 26 hours (saturday10am-sunday 12pm, because it counts as two days) is incredibly expensive. We are staying at Disney so we could take their shuttle to the airport later and therefore don't really need a car except to get to Disney from the port. Is there a shuttle or another option that we could consider to pick us up at the port and take us to Disney?? Is this time efficient or should we just keep the rental car and suck up the cost??

Thanks for your help, this is our first trip anywhere so we are really getting confused.

Is there a shuttle or another option that we could consider to pick us up at the port and take us to Disney?? Is this time efficient or should we just keep the rental car and suck up the cost??

Have you checked with the cruise line? I have to assume that they have post cruise packages with Disneyworld included in them. Thus, they must already have transportation prearranged.

Couldn't hurt to give them a call. I also wouldn't be surprised if any of the shuttle companies do this. After all, they don't really care where they take you; it's all revenue to them. However, I'm guessing the car will still be the cheapest option.

Most rental car companies let you bring back the car within one hour of the 24 hour period. I know your original plan was two hours but if you just split the difference maybe that would work for you.

If you take a shuttle back to the airport you will lose time as you may have to be ready earlier given that the shuttle has to load passengers etc so I'm thinking this might all be a wash for you. Just a thought.

keith

Archived