Salon on Liberty

chazg

For all you ladies out there, my DW was thinking about getting her hair done on board next week. Has anyone had thier hair cut/styled on a cruise. If so how much did it cost and do they do a good job?

Thanks in advance!

For all you ladies out there, my DW was thinking about getting her hair done on board next week. Has anyone had thier hair cut/styled on a cruise. If so how much did it cost and do they do a good job?

Thanks in advance!

I had my hair cut/highlighted many years ago while on the Empress...and my boyfriend has gotten his hair cut a couple times due to just not having time prior to the cruise,and I've gotten my eyebrows done...

Honestly,it's all overpriced and she would probably be better off going to her local hairdresser who knows her and what she likes.

Never had my hair done on a ship. Can blow it out myself, and, as far as a cut goes, I've been going to the same guy for 18 years. Nobody else is to put a scissors to MY hair! Have had a manicure. Cost about 4X as much as local nail salon, and the manicurist kept trying to sell me various creams and services.

Treated myself to styles on both formal nights. 1st night, Captain's Gala, I had it put up, and it was maybe $55? Second formal night, had a wash and blowdry. I have curly hair, and she blew it out straight. This was more (becaused of the shampoo) at $65. Did an AMAZING job, didn't even need the flat iron. I was extremely pleased with both. Yep, definitely overpriced, but, it's vacation!!! Have a great time. And just an FYI, if she's doing it for formal nights, make sure to tell her to go there ASAP, as appointments go quickly.

Thanks all,

She would have liked to get it cut before the trip but due to a family emergency she just won't have time to get it done before we go.

Thanks again

I've gotten my hair cut many, many times on cruises and have always been happy with the results. The stylists are from all over the world and have lots of the newest trends and tricks and I always leave happy. The cost is more than home but use Diamond coupon for discount which covers tip....It's fun and great sitting there having your hair cut as the world sails by, she's in for a treat, imho:)

I was on the Liberty a month ago and had my hair cut/styled and was very pleased! Rates are similar to a high end salon in the city and if you are a CA member there is a coupon in your discount book.

On the very first day at about 5 pm - they had a "free" consultation with a stylist who will chat to you and recommend a style to fit you and your lifestyle. I was impressed with the recommendations and booked following this for my cut to happen on the first formal night.

Archived