Caribbean Princess Review - 8/6 Sailing

jhaasz

Sailed CB August 6 and loved the food!! I am an experience cruiser (5 cruises a year) and found the buffets to be great. Our tastes all differ that's for sure. Dining room had the best rack of lamb, great filet of beef, my prime ribs the last evening was excellent. Ate breakfast and lunch at the buffets. Wonderful choice of fresh fruit in the morning plus made to order omelettes. Large salad bar at noon with lots of other hot and cold dishes. Had wonderful fish and chips one day and also great fried shrimp. Caribe buffet had a different theme daily at lunch.

Air conditioning in my cabin Aloha deck) was perfect. The Liars Club was one of the funniest I have ever seen. Ship was crowded but sailing in the summer with all the families on vacation is the reason.

I think whatever cruise line you book, they ALWAYS have turkey with the fixings on the last night. Usually call it Tom Turkey. Just like a Thanksgiving meal. But they do offer other choices. We are going on our 3rd Princess cruise in October. We are CCL cruisers as a norm. I found Princess to be a little "less" than CCL, but if I don't have to cook it, it doesn't bother me. The Princess fettucine alfredo on the everyday menu is WONDERFUL. They serve it in a parmesan "cup" and it is really out of this world. Enjoy!

I really enjoyed your review, I want to hear the good with the bad. We were on the Sapphire this past May and had some great meals. The prime rib the first night was the best I have ever had (and I make a mean Prime Rib Roast) and then other meals were not so great.

A cruise is only as good as you make it and it sounds like you made it good :)

Thank you for such a balanced review :)

I've added what I can remember to the list below in italics. We were also on the 8/6 sailing. Netta7

1st night (Sailaway) - Prime Rib and Barramundi

2nd night (1st formal) - Filet mignon

3rd night (Bermuda) - French night - I don't remember the menu but I do remember having a cheeseburger (off the kid's menu). The soup was a huge disappointment. Duck ala orange & veal cordon bleu, French onion soup appetizer. The soup was great. Creme brulee for dessert.

4th night (At sea) - Cosmopolitan night - Filet mignon and shrimp We ate at Sterlings

5th night (San Juan) - Caribbean night - we skipped this so I am not sure of the menu. We had the butterfish and it was excellent. Our son had the pork roast and loved it too. The butterfish was perhaps the best seafood of the trip other than the lobster. Don't be turned off by the curry description. The curry was not a predominate taste and was just a nice touch.

6th night (St. Thomas) - Italian night - we skipped this also so I am not sure of the menu. A shrimp scampi with rice, a very, very good Turbot saltimbocca (spelling?) and an Italian Post Roast. The pot roast was not very good.

7th night (Grand Turk) - Crab legs (yummy)

8th night (At Sea) - Formal night - lobster and shrimp (yummy, especially the shrimp - nice and large) and beef wellington. You can order lobster and beef if you are feeling hungry :D

9th night (Landfall) - Prime Rib and Turkey. We ate at Sterlings.

Thanks for the review. Every cruise is different. A few years ago we had a bad experience on the Star...air conditioning issues, a lousy/lazy room steward among other problems. The next year we booked the Star again, with a bit of hesitation but the price was right. We had an amazing time. You just never know.

Archived