online docs.

bobbyfk

i screwed up, i mistakenly selected for us to get online docs. rather than have them mailed to us, are cruise is 36 days away, anything i can do beside just printing them? i rather have a hard copy mailed to me if possible

thanks!

i screwed up, i mistakenly selected for us to get online docs. rather than have them mailed to us, are cruise is 36 days away, anything i can do beside just printing them? i rather have a hard copy mailed to me if possible

thanks!

Sorry but no, Bobby. Once you select eDocs that's the default from there on out. Hey, try it, you may like it! I printed mine right out luggage tags and all.

:)

Sorry but no, Bobby. Once you select eDocs that's the default from there on out. Hey, try it, you may like it! I printed mine right out luggage tags and all.

:)

how did you manage to get the luggage tags to stay on once you get to the port? i have a fear that they will rip off and my luggage won't get to me.

bonnie

how did you manage to get the luggage tags to stay on once you get to the port? i have a fear that they will rip off and my luggage won't get to me.

bonnie

Bonnie I had this fear as well but they are pretty thick. Once you print them out you cut and fold them. They wind up folded 3 times making them 3 ply. You can bring as many as you like out. My friend taught me to print 2 per bag. Put one on the side handed and one on the top of the luggage. This makes it doubly secure. I have not had a problem yet but I have wondered if the missing bags that you get info on is due to this problem.

bonnie

You can either buy laminate sheets or use clear packing tape. I used the tape, then used a hole punch and will attach with a zip tie. I don't think that tag will go anywhere other then my luggage;)

FWIW, the new baggage tags they are mailing out are out of paper as well, no more plastic ones that they used to have.

We still get paper docs, but probably will change to electronic on next cruise. No advantage to getting the paper ones.

I selected edocs on our last cruise and was having a hard time getting them to print and I called and Carnival switched me to paper docs. Eventually I figured out my error and I was able to print out edocs also. So I had both. Call them and give it a try.

Hello BobbyFK,

We originally chose paper docs, but right from the start, the web site listed our "document preference" as "electronic documents". I NEVER at any time clicked on the "view documents' or any other link that would actually show them.

I contacted our TA, so she told Carnival AGAIN that we wanted paper docs. Nothing changed. She asked again, and it still says electronic documents for us.

It would appear that Carnival doesn't much care what we want after all, and we are going to end up with e-docs, no matter what.

bonnie

Hi Bonnie! I always have the same fear. Know what we do? If we are flying, we don't put them on until we pick up our luggage at baggage claim, and I bring clear duct tape. :) Honestly! It tears off the roll easily and you can always use duct tape in your cabin for other things (i.e. closet door won't stay closed or something.) ;) Anyway - works for us -and the poster that said print two for each bag - really smart idea! I do the same thing. One on top handle, one on side handle, duct tape.

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 months later...
Hello BobbyFK,

We originally chose paper docs, but right from the start, the web site listed our "document preference" as "electronic documents". I NEVER at any time clicked on the "view documents' or any other link that would actually show them.

I contacted our TA, so she told Carnival AGAIN that we wanted paper docs. Nothing changed. She asked again, and it still says electronic documents for us.

It would appear that Carnival doesn't much care what we want after all, and we are going to end up with e-docs, no matter what.

Hi all,

I just wanted to update my info on this topic. Well it seems you CAN get paper docs after the web lists you as electronic docs. Our paper documents arrived yesterday. So if you really want the paper, get your TA to insist. Carnival will do it.

You can either buy laminate sheets or use clear packing tape. I used the tape, then used a hole punch and will attach with a zip tie. I don't think that tag will go anywhere other then my luggage;)

This is what I am going to try!!!! Because I am scared that mine will rip....

No problem for you. Complete the FUN Pass, make sure all areas are complete. Print out all the information, including the luggage tag. Make several copies of the luggage tags. What I do is use clear wide packing tape and and seal the tags, this makes them very durrable. Just in case it rains, you may be in the tropics!!! I staple the tags to the bags before we board, this allows the tags to only be on a short time. Check in with the Fun Pass at the terminal and provide ID and your credit card for SS. Get your room keys and run to the Lido deck, before anybody else does. Enjoy your cruise.

Personally I like the e-docs. I can make all the luggage tags I want. I trim all the excess off, fold them in half and then laminate them. Never had a problem. If you don't have a hot laminator, you can get self laminating luggage tags at Staples, WalMart, etc.; they work just fine and are not that expensive.

Archived