Time change for Mexican Riviera

Lany

Can someone please explain when and what the time changes are when sailing the Mexican Riviera? I know that there are some differences between ship and local time, but don't know what they are.

Please provide an example because some people saying "ahead" or "behind" confuse me. For example, if it's noon on board the ship, what time is it in the following ports:

Cabo

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta

Thanks in advance! :D

Stop worrying about it! Whatever time the ship's clocks say, is the time your watch should be set to. It doesn't matter one iota what time it is on any given island. It's up to the Captain whether he changes time--and it shouldn't concern you (or your tour guide, if that's why you're asking)

If your excursion says it starts at 10am, then be there at 10am SHIP'S TIME.

A reliable guide will know and understand about the time differences--you don't need to!

I've been down the MR 3 times. The first 2 times we moved our clocks forward one hour on the first day. The last time I went, they moved the clocks forward one hour on Monday, and one hour on Wednesday. We gained back the hours after PV.

I have heard various tales of what they do now. What you must do is read your Cruise Compass. If the time is going to change, they will say so on the first page. You will be fine with ship excursions - they will all be on ship time. Otherwise, remember that Cabo and Mazatlan are one hour ahead of LA, and PV is two hours.

In addition to what advice has been offered, I always ask on the gangway about the 'all aboard' time & the current time. Just to make sure, I write it down & carry the Cruise Compass. Then later, I show up an hour early, just in case. ;)

Happy Sailing !!! :)

The time difference from your departure port in CA would have Cabo and Maz being 1 hr ahead. Based on your request of noon on the ship, it would be 1 p.m. PV is 2 hrs ahead, 2 p.m.

You really shouldn't have to worry as most ships have you change to the local time, at least the ones I've been on have. As was mentioned, your Compass will offer reminders about time.

Click on this link for a better understanding....

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-mexico12.php

Archived