What's the Difference Between Cruise Credits and Onboard Credits???

Sandytoes

I was just checking my Circle Savings Account and noticed I have both Cruise Credits and Onboard Credits.

Can someone explain the difference?

Did you purchase a future cruise on another sailing? Those would be your cruise credits.

The onboard credits show the amount of credit you will see on your shipboard account from the cruise line, money to spend onboard that is already credited to your shipboard account ready and waiting for you.

Did you purchase a future cruise on another sailing? Those would be your cruise credits.

The onboard credits show the amount of credit you will see on your shipboard account from the cruise line, money to spend onboard that is already credited to your shipboard account ready and waiting for you.

Yes, I purchased an open booking -- no date or ship given. So the amount of the future credit shouldn't be showing as of yet, or should it?

The amount of $100 is in my cruise credit - is this the deposit money I left down?

I did refer some friends but their cruises are pending (haven't sailed yet).

~~~ Chris ~~~

Yes, I purchased an open booking -- no date or ship given. So the amount of the future credit shouldn't be showing as of yet, or should it?

The amount of $100 is in my cruise credit - is this the deposit money I left down?

~~~ Chris ~~~

The $100 IS your booking (deposit) credit from your purchased FCC, it will either say just the word 'active' if it isn't assigned to a particular cruise yet, or it will say "applied to (and the booking number it is applied to)" This is your FCC deposit for your future cruise.

The onboard credit for mine, even on the active bookings that are not yet assigned, have always shown "$25.00 (USD) to $150.00 (USD)".

In other words, they will be issued after we book with the FCC and the amount will be based on the type of stateroom booked, and length of sailing the FCC is applied to. Once we have used the FCC to book a cruise, then the amount of onboard credit will be listed there in the correct amount.

If I am understanding your question correctly that is. ;)

~~~ Chris ~~~

The $100 sounds like your Future Cruise Credit which you purchased onboard ship. You may also see a $25 onboard credit listed - they will list the minimum value for an inside cabin until you actually book a cabin, then a value for that class of cabin will be applied to the cruise as an onboard credit.

The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is a separate transaction from the onboard account during your last cruise - you will note it is charged to your credit card within a day of your arranging the FCC. It will also show up quickly in your Circle Savings Account.

The $100 IS your booking (deposit) credit from your purchased FCC, it will either say just the word 'active' if it isn't assigned to a particular cruise yet, or it will say "applied to (and the booking number it is applied to)" This is your FCC deposit for your future cruise.

The onboard credit for mine, even on the active bookings that are not yet assigned, have always shown "$25.00 (USD) to $150.00 (USD)".

In other words, they will be issued after we book with the FCC and the amount will be based on the type of stateroom booked, and length of sailing the FCC is applied to. Once we have used the FCC to book a cruise, then the amount of onboard credit will be listed there in the correct amount.

;)

Under Cruise Credits - Future Cruise Deposit does say Active with an amount of $100.00 (USD)

And

Under Onboard credits - Future Cruise Deposit shows $25.00 (USD) to $150.00 (USD)

After all these years cruising with Princess this was my first time making a future booking while onboard. That is why I am so confused.

Thanks for qualifying....:)

The $100 sounds like your Future Cruise Credit which you purchased onboard ship. You may also see a $25 onboard credit listed - they will list the minimum value for an inside cabin until you actually book a cabin, then a value for that class of cabin will be applied to the cruise as an onboard credit.

The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is a separate transaction from the onboard account during your last cruise - you will note it is charged to your credit card within a day of your arranging the FCC. It will also show up quickly in your Circle Savings Account.

Yes I do see a $25 onboard credit.

Being this was my first time making a Future Cruise Deposit, I was a little bit confused.

Maybe they should add the word "deposit" ;)..:)

Thanks for all your help

Chris

Archived