Getting ready for Eurodam - now what?

mmcruise

We are sailing on the Eurodam 3 night cruise, our first HAL, on 8/29. 11 days to go and we've:

- completed our online check-in

- made pre-paid online reservations for Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind for nights 2 and 3 (and we have open dining, so glad we'll get to eat at least twice - presuming, that is, that they honor our reservations with all the travel agents on board)

- ordered a bottle of our favorite adult beverge to be delivered to our stateroom on the first night

- downloaded the Eurodam art tour to the iPod

Now all we have to do is pack and find a place to park at the pier (:p ).

Every cruise line and ship is unique and has features no other has - some of which we are already set to enjoy. So...while we're in pre-cruise mode, what is special about HAL/the Eurodam that is not to be missed? We have such a limited time on the ship that we want to be prepared for everything.

Thanks to all!

I would recommend that you try out the Silk Den lounge, an most definitely dine at the Tamarind restaurant, either lunch or dinner, or both. There is no charge for lunch, but you will just have to make a reservation. The cuisine and service were both excellent, IMO. We also enjoyed our dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, too.

Have a great time! :)

I know you have a limited time...but if you want to relax while you're at sea, do not miss the hydropool and thermal suite. I've said it before and I'll certainly say it again...in our opinions these areas are not to be missed. I know these areas are not unique to Eurodam, but if you are new to HAL, I do not know if other lines have these equivalents.

Pack extra sense of humor. The short duration, NYC departure, last hurrah of the summer before school, holiday timing and a bevy of VIPs may present some potential challenges, not found on other sailings.

The heck with it. Have a fabulous cruise.

I would recommend that you try out the Silk Den lounge, an most definitely dine at the Tamarind restaurant, either lunch or dinner, or both. There is no charge for lunch, but you will just have to make a reservation. The cuisine and service were both excellent, IMO. We also enjoyed our dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, too.

Have a great time! :)

Bill:

What is the lunch menu like? I would love to try it, but my wife is not an adventurous eater.

JPH,

It is a fixed menu for lunch there are no choices, i forget what exactly was on it, i know they started off with hot and sour soup and then a salad, the main course was like a combination plate with small items on it and then desert followed ,i thought it was great but my wife must be like yours ,she did not care for most of it, one nice thing, it is free.

Archived