Grand Cayman

Have done Stingray snorkel 3 times would have been bored but started doing captain Marvin excursions three snorkel stops the coral garden the coral reef and of course stingray city.Great boats never overcroweded good crews great price and great stops to snorkel.

Also the meeting place is their store right outside and across from the tender building about 30 yrds to the left.they:) bus you to the many boats they have and then take you out to the sites and after either the 3hr 3 stop excursion or a all day one they bring you back to boat dock bus you 10 min.s to their downtown storefront and then you can shop or take your ships tender back.

Always great time I realy trust them and dosn't feel likea cattle stampede which I felt the ships excursion did.

have a great time

Jeff

Have done Stingray snorkel 3 times would have been bored but started doing captain Marvin excursions three snorkel stops the coral garden the coral reef and of course stingray city.Great boats never overcroweded good crews great price and great stops to snorkel.

Also the meeting place is their store right outside and across from the tender building about 30 yrds to the left.they:) bus you to the many boats they have and then take you out to the sites and after either the 3hr 3 stop excursion or a all day one they bring you back to boat dock bus you 10 min.s to their downtown storefront and then you can shop or take your ships tender back.

Always great time I realy trust them and dosn't feel likea cattle stampede which I felt the ships excursion did.

have a great time

Jeff

We did Capt. Marvins twice and loved it. The third time we went off snorkeling on our own and wished we had gone back to Capt Marvins.

GCM is one of our favorite places on earth! We have done several land-based vacations there. We are both divers, so we will always go back to GCM again and again.

Here are a few ideas:

+ Jolly Roger - we usually do the sunset sail that includes drinks and dinner, but they do sails during the day, as well

+ Turtle Farm

+ Botanical Gardens

+ Surfing on East End

+ Hanging out at Rum Point

+ Best snorkeling by far is at Cemetary Reef, just north of Seven Mile Beach

IMO, I don't get the fascination with Stingray City. There is so much more to this island, that's pretty much my least favorite thing.

We just came off the Enchantment and did the snorkel excursion with Capt. Marvin. He is 92 years old and was on our boat!!! I have a picture with him. We only had about 16 or so people on our boat and it worked out great. The water is so blue there. What ever you choose have a great time!!

Macwoman

We did the snorkel plus Rays. Snorkeling was not excellent, no special reef section picked out, just convienance for the tour guide, but by far a worthwhile experience.

We are doing the western again and our experience with Grand Cayman was by far the reason for us revisiting this cruise (and timing due to pregnant wife)

I would like to do a snorkel only at cayman this next trip.

Archived