QV - Promenade Deck

csto

That is 100% correct - it does not.

She did have when we were onboard!:confused:

However they were often slow in reopening the gates at the forward end after docking ops were complete.

Do they now leave these permenantly closed?

Regards, Colin.

However they were often slow in reopening the gates at the forward end after docking ops were complete.

Do they now leave these permanently closed?

Regards, Colin.

Regards, Colin.

Regards, Colin.

Regards, Colin.

They were closed whenever I was on the Promenade deck on our recent voyage. They also have open deck space at the front on Deck 6 and 7 (I think that's the right decks, maybe deck 8), but the doors to those decks were also often closed. Despite this, she really is a lovely ship!

As I understand it, there is a narrow (in places) promenade deck that you can use along port, stern and starboard. However, to cross over from starboard to port near the bow you have to use an internal passageway that has doors marked "crew only", these doors may be kept open (and therefore the signs on them hidden) at times.

So, there is no wrap around promenade deck on QV in the same form as the broad, level (no steps!), protected at the forward end, promenade that you can enjoy on QM2.

But then there isn't a level wrap around promenade deck on QE2 either, her's is very narrow in places (lifeboat davits get in the way), involves two sets of (frequently closed) steps to complete an outdoor circuit, or, if you want to avoid the steps (or if they are closed) a diversion indoors involves four doors, up/down two ramps, past the door to the gents toilet, past a Queens Grill suite cabin door and an entrance to the Queens Grill itself!. Some promenade deck!

They were closed whenever I was on the Promenade deck on our recent voyage. They also have open deck space at the front on Deck 6 and 7 (I think that's the right decks, maybe deck 8), but the doors to those decks were also often closed. Despite this, she really is a lovely ship!

We were told that the foward promenade and foward portions of decks 4,5,6, and 7 are crew decks. They did let the passengers use them while we transited the Panama Canal though.

Denise

There is a passage way that connects the starboard side and the port side promenades forward. On the HAL vistas (e.g. Noordam), passengers can use this passageway. However, sometimes the crew is moving items between the backstage area of the theater and the storage areas in front of the passageway. Perhaps for such reasons, the passageway is normally closed on QV.

As you know by the other replies QV doesn't have a wrap around prom deck. When we were on board we did our daily session of laps by crossing from port to starboard at the doors which took us inside just adjacent to the entrance to the Theatre. There was no other route open to us although we did hear that they were planning at some stage to make a proper through passage (but not really sure on that point). It was a bit of a nuisance but at least we managed to burn off some calories from our daily indulgences of the fine food (and drink!) on board .

As you know by the other replies QV doesn't have a wrap around prom deck. When we were on board we did our daily session of laps by crossing from port to starboard at the doors which took us inside just adjacent to the entrance to the Theatre. There was no other route open to us although we did hear that they were planning at some stage to make a proper through passage (but not really sure on that point). It was a bit of a nuisance but at least we managed to burn off some calories from our daily indulgences of the fine food (and drink!) on board .

Hi Derek

The lack of people promenading on QV certainly improves the view in the grill restaurants. Its hard to settle in and enjoy all of those calories while watching other people exercising like hamsters!

Oh look my Dear, here are a couple of free chairs on the promenade deck. Let us rest awhile and commune with the ocean and perhaps have some pleasant social intercourse with the people strolling by.

Forget It.

Whether you are reading, writing a postcard, wave watching or just having a quiet reverie whilst inspecting the inside of your eyelids your tranquillity will be interrupted at approximately 10 second intervals.

The slap, slap, slap, or more often the thud, thud, thud of the over-engineered soles of a pair of monstrous, barge-like trainers will arouse you. You look up to find that this wondrous footwear is being propelled by some lumbering, puce faced, apoplectic, incipient coronary event, puffing and gasping, glistening and dripping and glaring ferociously at anyone who momentarily and accidentally impedes his/her trundling progress.

They wear their disgusting sweat soaked tops with the obligatory wet patches at armpit and back like a badge of merit or a testament.. It says, ‘Take note ye idlers, ye indolent loafers, gaze upon me and marvel. See my strapped up ankle, stand in awe of my bandaged knee . Ye verily I say unto thee ‘be ashamed’, for am I not one who takes care of the body? Yea even though I die in the process and knock you base over apex in passing’

And always, always, always, they trail behind them, like some noisome, slithering reptile, that acrid, feral, locker-room stink compounded of sweat, body-odour, feet and flatulence. Never Ever Ever get into a lift with one of these people as they pursue their pungent,perspiring path to their accommodation. The olfactory memory will remain with you for days.

Gari

Oh look my Dear, here are a couple of free chairs on the promenade deck. Let us rest awhile and commune with the ocean and perhaps have some pleasant social intercourse with the people strolling by.

Forget It.

Whether you are reading, writing a postcard, wave watching or just having a quiet reverie whilst inspecting the inside of your eyelids your tranquillity will be interrupted at approximately 10 second intervals.

The slap, slap, slap, or more often the thud, thud, thud of the over-engineered soles of a pair of monstrous, barge-like trainers will arouse you. You look up to find that this wondrous footwear is being propelled by some lumbering, puce faced, apoplectic, incipient coronary event, puffing and gasping, glistening and dripping and glaring ferociously at anyone who momentarily and accidentally impedes his/her trundling progress.

They wear their disgusting sweat soaked tops with the obligatory wet patches at armpit and back like a badge of merit or a testament.. It says, ‘Take note ye idlers, ye indolent loafers, gaze upon me and marvel. See my strapped up ankle, stand in awe of my bandaged knee . Ye verily I say unto thee ‘be ashamed’, for am I not one who takes care of the body? Yea even though I die in the process and knock you base over apex in passing’

And always, always, always, they trail behind them, like some noisome, slithering reptile, that acrid, feral, locker-room stink compounded of sweat, body-odour, feet and flatulence. Never Ever Ever get into a lift with one of these people as they pursue their pungent,perspiring path to their accommodation. The olfactory memory will remain with you for days.

Gari

And that, my friends, is the very prolific and elequent Gari that we all have come to know and love! Did I mention charming? And that too!

The lack of people promenading on QV certainly improves the view in the grill restaurants. Its hard to settle in and enjoy all of those calories while watching other people exercising like hamsters!

On the QV, the Grills restaurants are on a different deck, so the view is not impeded by over zealous promenaders.

Despite the fact that it is not wrap around, and has plastic flooring rather than teak, the promenade deck is actually a very pleasant place to sit and read and write, chat to the passers by, drink a cup of tea, and generally have a restful time. Being a sedantry type myself, I do believe that the QV Promenade Deck meets the requirements of being an adequate promenade deck.

Archived