Planning a cruise on the voyager

jlw016

I am planning a cruise on the voyager in march. I am having some trouble trying to sell it to my parents. Can anybody give me some information that could help me convince my parents that we should take this cruise.

I sailed on the Voyager last year at the end of January and will be going back again for the other itinerary on Feb 1. What sort of things would you like to know? Have they cruised before? Do they travel with ease? Will they fly in or drive?

If you watch the listings on the Travel Channel carefully, they will occasionallly run an all-day cruise event, just one cruising show after another I know that Voyager is featured on 2 or 3 of them. Or, you might contact the Travel Channel to get a CD of one or more of these shows.

Quite a selling job.. if anyone can resist this, they are stronger than me

I am planning a cruise on the voyager in march. I am having some trouble trying to sell it to my parents. Can anybody give me some information that could help me convince my parents that we should take this cruise.

You say you are planning................

Going by yourself? Want them to go? What are their objections if any?

Need more info here..........

My parents asked me to plan a trip for my spring break from college. I chose a cruise and am trying to sell the idea of a cruise to them for our vacation. My parents have cruised before, they sailed on the Rhapsody of the Sea last July. They really loved it but are just unsure if they will like sailing on a larger ship than the rhapsody. We would be sailing out of Galveston and since we live in Houston we will not be flying in or need a hotel rooom. My mom had a few questions that i am trying to get answered.

1. What is the voyager like?

2. What are the seas in the caribbean like in the month of march?

3. How much does alcohol usually cost?

4. how much do pictures usually cost?

5. If anybody has been to Roatan, what is it like there? Would u recommend going there?

Went on Voyager this past March.

Beautiful ship. I love this class of ship- love the Royal Promenade.

Seas were not rough on our voyage, but some times that is just the luck of the draw. You can't predict the weather. At our stops, the water was a nice temp- not too cold.

Drinks- depends on what you want, anywhere from $5-6 and up.

Pictures- Usually around $20, but if you have a decent digital camera, you can take your own.

I love Roatan. We did a Victor Bodden tour and did the ziplines. Wanted to do snorkeling, but there was a steady rain in the afternoon, so we didn't get to go. Check out the Roatan boards for lots of info.

We had a great time, and again- I love the Voyager.

I have been on both Rhapsody and Voyager, if they liked Rhapsody they'll should like Voyager. Pool areas are bigger/nicer on Voyager. DH preferred larger ship. H

e had more nooks where he could read.

Differences: Schooner outside theater instead of toward the back. Promenade fun to walk through. Solarium front of V/back of R. No specialty restaurants on Rhapsody. Windjammer aft instead of Forward. Ice show on Voyager & Freedom class ships fantastic.

Drinks are in the $5 to $12 range depending on what you get.

I went first week of Feb and didn't notice seas particularly different than first week of August.

First and last sea days cooler than in summer. Comparable weather to Galveston.

I loved Roatan and wish that the cruise I'm on with a friend this coming Feb were going back there instead on Montego Bay. Read posts on the destination boards for Roatan and you'll get lots of information. I thought it was a great destination. I have friends who like to travel to destinations that are exotic and a bit off of the beaten path. I told them that they should try Roatan.

Picture prices -- don't know, don't buy them.

We are major Rhapsody fans but Voyager blew us away!

It is amazing how easy it is to get around.

The variety of entertainment is mind boggling.

The ice skating show is spectacular.

The Dining Room is breathtaking.

Services levels were absolutely excellent.

Pictures.....ball park $10 each

Drinks ....ball park $4.50 to $7.00

Roatan: The third finest diving and snorkeling locale in the WORLD!!!

Since the inception of crusing just a few short years ago, the island is sprining up with great resorts, wonderful near shore snorkeling....even for the novice... The people are some of the friendliest you will ever find and Texans KNOW friendly!

Your folks will be denying themselves an absolutely spectacular week if the resist and do not go!!!

We are proably close to your folks age, and have cruised for years...could not wait for Voyager to return....we have found a new love!!!!

My parents asked me to plan a trip for my spring break from college. I chose a cruise and am trying to sell the idea of a cruise to them for our vacation. My parents have cruised before, they sailed on the Rhapsody of the Sea last July. They really loved it but are just unsure if they will like sailing on a larger ship than the rhapsody. We would be sailing out of Galveston and since we live in Houston we will not be flying in or need a hotel rooom. My mom had a few questions that i am trying to get answered.

1. What is the voyager like?

2. What are the seas in the caribbean like in the month of march?

3. How much does alcohol usually cost?

4. how much do pictures usually cost?

5. If anybody has been to Roatan, what is it like there? Would u recommend going there?

We sailed Voyager last March over Spring Break. It was our first time out of Galveston and would consider again if I lived in Houston! Living in Houston, it would be a breeze - not so easy dealing with flights and transportation between IAH and Galveston. So, I'll try to answer

1. I have not sailed Rhapsody but several others in the same class of ship. Voyager is significantly larger. However, areas are situated so that I never really felt crowded - even though we sailed at peak time. The ship was in good shape.

2. It was cooler sailing out of Galveston in March than on previous cruises out of Florida around the same time. We also had some rain - we spent our time in the Solarium. Our ports were Cozumel (wonderful weather); Roatan - a bit cooler and rain, then Progresso (another great day). Again, coming back to Galveston was cooler than I expected.

3. Alcohol - really depends on what you are drinking. The drink of the day is typically around $6. Beer is less - around $4 perhaps? I think my mojitos were less than $7. There are various threads that discuss alcohol prices. I don't think they are that much different than a nice restaurant.

4. Pictures - again, I'm sure there are threads that have more up to date information. Typical 8x10 - I'm guessing $19.95, the 5x7 $14.95. We are to the point where we don't buy as many pictures unless we have others traveling with us.

5. Roatan - I would recommend doing something here. Research the boards under "ports of call" and visit someplace. I understand that Fins and Flippers would be a great choice. We didn't make any plans - just walked around the town - which isn't much. There is no shopping and I do mean, no shopping. It isn't a typical cruise stop town with a wandering frame of mind. It is a very depressed area. Again, if you are visiting Roatan, I would make sure that I had a plan for the day.

Hope this helps.

Archived