Shipping luggage

Hi, I have read before on these very helpful boards that somtimes people ship their luggage instead of dragging it to the airport. We will be boarding the Constellation on Feb. 23 out of Ft. Lauderdale. How do I go about shipping some of my stuff (I am thinking formals..there are 6 people in our group, thats alot of gowns), and making sure it gets to the ship and right cabin/right sailing? Has anyone had any experience doing this? I am not particularly worried about wrinkles because I usually have the gowns pressed upon arrival.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

Celebrity will not accept shipped luggage, and believe me, we've tried. And we even tried to ship for our cruise in Europe, but the shipping companies we contacted none of them could do it because of Celebrity's policies. You can ship to a pre-cruise hotel or you can ship to an address in the area, if you know anyone who lives in FLL, but you cannot ship directly to the ship. You could see if you could ship to a local Fed Ex or UPS station and then pick up the bags on your way to the ship from the airport, but that could be a hassle.

Thanks Darcie!

We will be staying at the Radisson at the airport the night before we sail, I bet we can just have it shipped there. I never thought of that. It makes more sense that way too..I know we have our clothes in time, or get shopping!

Do you know how early would be too early to send them off? Will the hotel get upset if our stuff arrives a few days before we do?

I am assuming that we will have to lug everything home though. We are heading home from the ship. I guess one way would be much better than both ways.

Thanks so much for your help. That is one less thing I have to worry about!

Kim

Hi, I have read before on these very helpful boards that somtimes people ship their luggage instead of dragging it to the airport. We will be boarding the Constellation on Feb. 23 out of Ft. Lauderdale. How do I go about shipping some of my stuff (I am thinking formals..there are 6 people in our group, thats alot of gowns), and making sure it gets to the ship and right cabin/right sailing? Has anyone had any experience doing this? I am not particularly worried about wrinkles because I usually have the gowns pressed upon arrival.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

We have been shipping our bags for about 5 yrs. Its a pleasure. Fed Ex UPS & DHL offer this service. You lock your bags using TSA locks and fill out a label.

Be sure to contact your hotel to expect your bag. If you have a Kinos near you you can drop your bags off if not just call any of the above for p/u.

Carole

Thanks for the great info. Is there a way to ship the stuff home also? My aunt is dating a UPS man, so he can probably get us return labels, but where would we drop the stuff off for a pick up? Would we have to wander around FLL looking for a UPS place en route to the airport, or will UPS pick up at the dock (although that seems like a hassle, I know waht it is like finding the luggage post cruise!!)

Thanks for the great advice! I know I will be shipping at least to the ship!

Kim

Thanks for the great info. Is there a way to ship the stuff home also? My aunt is dating a UPS man, so he can probably get us return labels, but where would we drop the stuff off for a pick up? Would we have to wander around FLL looking for a UPS place en route to the airport, or will UPS pick up at the dock (although that seems like a hassle, I know waht it is like finding the luggage post cruise!!)

Thanks for the great advice! I know I will be shipping at least to the ship!

Kim

If you are coming home from a US port just go to the web and enter the shipper of your choice for locations in the incoming port. On your way to the airport drop it off- just have the label completed-to save time. Doubt that any shiupper will p/u @ the port. Some lines have this service in cooperation with DHL but I don't think Celebrity is a partner. You should also check for airport locations for drop off these many be franchises ( & will charge a fee + shipping) but may save you time.

Carole

Archived