Soda ( soft drinks) purchases

rcha

Some questions from someone new to NCL. I am on the GEM in October and my wife and I are wondering if you can purchase a card giving you soft drinks all week.

If yes, what does it cover and is it worth it?

Thanks

Some questions from someone new to NCL. I am on the GEM in October and my wife and I are wondering if you can purchase a card giving you soft drinks all week.

If yes, what does it cover and is it worth it?

Thanks

Yes you can and here is the information from the NCL website.

Adult and Teen Soda Program (ages 13 and older)

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

I'd have to go back to see how much they're actually charging per soda..but $6.25 a day would be A LOT of soda for me! I probably don't drink more than 3-4 cans a week, if that!!!
That's the real bottom line. If you drink 3-4 a day it may be worth it. But for the casual soda drinker it's not.

Charlie

Better yet...bring your own on board. Purchase a few 12 packs of soda and either carry it on board or stuff it in your suitcase if they are too heavy. Tour agent and NCL may tell you this isn't allowed, however I and others have never been stopped. And I always have them in plan view. They don't enforce is. Otherwise soda cost around $2.15 with tip. Our 8 day cruise would have cost us $60 for a soda card. That is a lot of soda.

Better yet...bring your own on board. Purchase a few 12 packs of soda and either carry it on board or stuff it in your suitcase if they are too heavy. Tour agent and NCL may tell you this isn't allowed, however I and others have never been stopped. And I always have them in plan view. They don't enforce is. Otherwise soda cost around $2.15 with tip. Our 8 day cruise would have cost us $60 for a soda card. That is a lot of soda.

The soda card on the Dawn last week was $47.25, so if you had 24 sodas @ $2.01 in the 8 days you were ahead of the game. Three a day isn't so much for a lot of people, especially when it's hot and you're up on deck or by the pool.

Archived