Anyone stopped from bringing 2 bottles aboard lately?

Last year, when they changed the rule from 2 bottles to one bottle of wine pp, I know ppl were getting thru check in without difficulty b/c the rule change was so recent.

Now I see it states specifically a "750ml" bottle of wine pp. I've always brought the 1.5L bottles.

I have a large group sailing out of Tampa next Sat and I told everyone they could bring 2pp.

Anyone have any problems recently (specifically this port) taking 2 bottles pp OR 1.5L bottles thru carry on?? TIA!

No one should be offended by this question...

Not trying to "sneak" or smuggle anything onboard...I intend to carry it on. Just a question of if the new rules are being inforced.

I'm suprised you got thru with whiskey tho. We tried carrying on a 12pack of beer in 2006 and it was taken at Port Everglades. I was told THAT rule wasn't being enforced...but I knew it was a gamble either way. The lady was nice enough to offer us to let us take it back to our car but we'd been waiting in line for over an hour already so we declined.

No one should be offended by this question...

Not trying to "sneak" or smuggle anything onboard...I intend to carry it on. Just a question of if the new rules are being inforced.

I'm suprised you got thru with whiskey tho. We tried carrying on a 12pack of beer in 2006 and it was taken at Port Everglades. I was told THAT rule wasn't being enforced...but I knew it was a gamble either way. The lady was nice enough to offer us to let us take it back to our car but we'd been waiting in line for over an hour already so we declined.

I always sail from POrt of Miami because I live in Miami, I have never seem them take anything out of a carry on, in my case we have never put the alchool in our check in luggage, I do understand what you are asking but I have always taken like 2 bottles in the carry on and is been 1 wine the second whiskie, rum, tekila we have never had problems, last year we took a bottle of Bacardi, the year before some Pinch, nothing happened, but this was our case.

Good luck

The cruise ticket contract has not been updated - it still states "one bottle" with no size limitation. You could have it with you and pull it out if you meet any resistance. It might be enough for them to back down.

But the OP asked about 2 bottles per person, not specifically about extra large bottles. Iv heard port Canaveral is the most strict, but who knows. You take your chances and roll the dice and probably you will be fine. OP as long as you warned them not to be too obvious about it, that they were taking a chance so if it is taken they dont get mad at you and say, well you told us....

Thank you for all your replies. I pulled my cruise docs out and indeed it does not specify bottle size (which was half my question).

Terry...we'll be sailing out of miami in 2010...I'll have to keep what you've said in mind!

Truth is, I took 4 bottles total last year with a group of 4 (2A and 2C) out of the Port of Tampa on the same ship, same month even! I can't remember much b/c we went thru boarding EXTREMELY fast. I actually remember our boarding experience from the cruise before that MUCH more clearly. I want to say they scanned the bag and sent up upstairs without a second glance but...as I said...can't really remember.

I think as a group of 8 adults and 2 children, we should all get thru pretty easily. My mom doesn't drink wine and two of the adults going are broke young college students. I somehow doubt they will remember they can bring any.

But the OP asked about 2 bottles per person, not specifically about extra large bottles. Iv heard port Canaveral is the most strict, but who knows. You take your chances and roll the dice and probably you will be fine. OP as long as you warned them not to be too obvious about it, that they were taking a chance so if it is taken they dont get mad at you and say, well you told us....

Anyone have any problems recently (specifically this port) taking 2 bottles pp OR 1.5L bottles thru carry on?? TIA!

She did ask specifically about 1.5 liter bottles . . .

We are traveling in Jan. 2009 on Carnival -Freedom to Key West/ Ocho Rios/ and Grand Cayman, has any one had problems with bringing 2 bottles with you ???

This is my first cruise in over 16 years, so I'm sure alot has changed.

We are traveling with a group from WI.

Any help or thoughts.

We used to take a bottle of wine for every night. We will buy a good bottle of champagne for our Legend cruise in November but have found it is easier just to order from Bon Voyage. It is worth not having to deal with the hassles. We also have them deliver a bottle of Absolut and J&B when we go on a 7 day cruise.

Archived