Info on area surrounding JAX needed, please!

TDM516

It has been awhile since I've flown into the JAX airport, and I need to know if there are any hotels nearby (to get the free airport shuttle) that would also be nearby (walking distance?) to a grocery store, restaurants, etc. I don't remember anything being there, but like I said, it's been a few years. Thanks for any info! :cool:

It has been awhile since I've flown into the JAX airport, and I need to know if there are any hotels nearby (to get the free airport shuttle) that would also be nearby (walking distance?) to a grocery store, restaurants, etc. I don't remember anything being there, but like I said, it's been a few years. Thanks for any info! :cool:

Hello,:) I have lived here since 1965..maybe I can help:)

The airport has many hotels along what is called Duval Road.

Holiday Inn, Fairfield Inn, Wyngate Inn, Comfort Suites,

Residence Inn, Courtyard By Marriott, SpringHill Suites,

just to name a few.

There is a Longhorn Steak House and Ruby Tuesdays

very close by all of these hotels (you can walk from them).

As for Shuttles, I would suggest calling each as some of them

have them for Airport Pickup but not sure about delivery

to the Port. (SpringHill definitely has an airport shuttle...I have called them before).

There is a Holiday Inn Express that is closer to the Pier

but as for eateries, there are none that I know about

near this particular hotel.

Hope this helps you a bit.:)

We're booked at the Hampton Inn(Trip Advisor - #1 choice) in October. Booked this hotel based on rating, shuttle service from airport(none to the port, but taxi will cost about $20) and restaurants nearby. Booked at a $143/per night rate for king suite.

Hilton Garden Inn is on the road leading to the airport off I-95 and offers free shuttle service from/to airport. In addition to the restaurants mentioned above, Denny's, Waffle House, and a Subway are nearby the airport hotels. Oh, I should mention the Subway is inside one of the local convenience stores.

Archived