2 free spa treatments for AQ class?

sunset01

This is the first that I am hearing this unless the spa treatments are so inconsequential as to not impact a regular revenue stream or staff compensation. Please do not misunderstand my comment as I do not believe they are giving away treatments such as a massage or facial, items that ordinarily require the time of a therapist as they are to illustrate what I don't think they are giving away.

I do think there may be special opportunities inside the spa environment that run with they AQ cabin selections that are otherwise on a pay for basis for other classes of cabins, such as spa conceived steam rooms for example.

Do you have any details of what you might have heard a buzz about?

About a month ago, someone posted a link to a magazine article that mentioned that cruisers in Aqua Class would receive two free spa treatments.

All posted opinions, including those from people who had spoken with Celebrity on the issue, agreed that the magazine article was in error.

The search is not functioning right now, or I would have looked for the thread with the link to the magazine article.

I'm only asking because i read it in the Conde Nast Traveller magazine and they are a pretty reputable travel magazine. In their current edition they have the best of for cruise ships and under Celebrity Solstice they have 2 free spa treatments listed. I don't think such a magazine would publish something that they weren't 100% sure of. I did not find this info anywhere on Celebrity's website or on any of these blogs so i do find it weird. So confused:confused: :confused: , yet i don't care either way cause i'm so excited for this trip.;)

I'm only asking because i read it in the Conde Nast Traveller magazine and they are a pretty reputable travel magazine. In their current edition they have the best of for cruise ships and under Celebrity Solstice they have 2 free spa treatments listed. I don't think such a magazine would publish something that they weren't 100% sure of. I did not find this info anywhere on Celebrity's website or on any of these blogs so i do find it weird. So confused:confused: :confused: , yet i don't care either way cause i'm so excited for this trip.;)

I believe that is the article I was referring to in my post above.

If I recall correctly, I think there was also another factual error or two with respect to the Solstice, as I remember thinking that I would have expected better of Conde Nast Traveller.

On another post today, someone was saying that a Celebrity rep told them that the AQUAClass amenities might include a free massage, which of course had everyone excited at the possibility, but sceptical that such an offer could be realized, both logistically and financially.

I think we'll all just have to wait until the first Solstice cruises report back...and even then, we might see changes to the subsequent cruises, depending on how things roll out on the first few sailings.

It's all a lot of fun to think about...makes it more interesting to check in on the boards every day.;)

Maybe they need to book a few cabins with a teaser too;) ....they could dedicate a therapist to this idea, but it also could be a big disapointment if an AQ guest could not be book due to all full. Who would not want a massage with the level of professional technique provided by the spa if it cost nothing but the price paid for admission of the cabin class?

Are TA's offering cabin credits? That's one way to have the cost of spa treatments offset.

TA's always have the option of offering an OBC, up to a maximum of 10% of the cost of the cruise. This is true on any Celebrity ship, not just Solstice Class. Pax can always use it to pay for a spa service, but it's not coming from Celebrity, it's coming from the TA, at their discretion.'

I'm starting to see where this idea of a "free massage" for AQ pax is coming from. I'm actually not surprised at all that Conde Nast had that misinformation - look how hard it is for us obsessed future AQ pax to get a straight answer! So some poor travel writer tasked with writing this article called Celebrity, probably spoke to one of their epically uninformed reps, and took what they said at face value. (As a writer myself, I can tell you that not much more than than probably went into researching that article!) If I had a dollar for every time I've heard of a Celebrity rep giving completely false information, I could probably go on a cruise - in the Owner's Suite! :D

And then someone mentioned the article on here, and someone else asked about it in another thread, and the rumor took on a life of its own.....

At this point, I don't believe a thing I read about AQ or Solstice unless I hear it from our very own Host Anne (or rolfecms, who manages to somehow stay magically accurately informed!) :) And I also know that whatever I read today, even if true, may very well NOT be true by the time I get on MY cruise.

I see the distinction of a talking point between coupons or costs for use coming from the cruise line or coming from a TA with the desire it be coming from the cruise line, but a massage does not run as a benefit of selecting the AQ cabin class and that is the topic.

Now if one wants a massage with reduced out of pocket costs, then there are opportunities for that to occur via several methods.;)

I see the distinction of a talking point between coupons or costs for use coming from the cruise line or coming from a TA with the desire it be coming from the cruise line, but a massage does not run as a benefit of selecting the AQ cabin class and that is the topic.

Now if one wants a massage with reduced out of pocket costs, then there are opportunities for that to occur via several methods.;)

You offering? ;) ;) ;)

LeeAnne - I have offered a glass or two of wine and think we ought to get to know one another much better first to see if you and I can find a way not to disagree before I start to go for the big ticket items. :D

Well we seem to be on the right path! (Scary, ain't it?) :eek: :D

OK, so we have an obc for the Equinox, that will be my (notice I said my) spa indulgence(s). ;)

Just laughing to myself thinking this "free massage" could be a 30 second hand massage or they could just ask all of the AQ pax to go aft when pulling into port for a full body massage. :D

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but does anyone know if passengers who book in aqua class recieve two complimentary spa treatments? :)

This was stated in Conde Nasat Traverler's special cruise insert about a month ago. Alas CNT must have sampled the Martini Bar just five too many. No free spa tx on Solstice. Drat!!

Carole

Archived