Miami, FL and some shopping

sarh

We fly into Miami from London early evening 26 Dec and sail from port Everglades the next afternoon. We'd like to squeeze in a couple of hours shopping (Macys-type). We arrive in miami 18.20 but guess that immigration will take us to beyond the shops closing times. Should we stay the night in Miami and if so is there a suggestion for a hotel near good shops, or should we head down to FL and is there a hotel/shopping suggestion there? Thanks

There is a Macy's, Dillard's (similar to a Macy's as far as prices), and Neiman Marcus at Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale and there is a (Hilton brand) Gallery One hotel next door, on the intracoastal waterway. This is the closest Macy's to Port Everglades, and it is very nice. The stores in the mall are very nice also. The mall opens at 10 AM and closes at 9 PM. I would expect that you could check out of the hotel in the morning and ask them to store your luggage while you shop.

Thanks for your help - the problem is that this hotel is booked, is there another nearby?

I can't think of any other hotels by the Galleria mall, but the Pelican Beach resort and many of the Fort Lauderdale beachfront resorts are very close.

You might also try the Hampton Inn or Hyatt Place in Plantation, as there is Broward mall closeby with a Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenny's, and Sears. It is not upscale, but the department stores are nice and the neighborhood is safe. It is about 20-25 minutes from the port, as it is close to I-595.

There is also the Aventura Mall in Aventura, which is a bit more upscale. But I don't know which hotels to suggest there. It is about 40minutes from the port.

Archived