STAR Questions

NW Pacific

Rooms- anyone know if the 2AFT balconies on Deck 10, 9 or 8 have extra large balconies versus a port or starboard balcony? Are the rooms any larger than other balconies? Ok one last one, does the Star have a designated deck for a walking track, I see that deck 13 has jogging track, can avid walkers use that one, or is the Promendate deck a leisurely stroll one or for morning "walkers" thanks

We'll have an aft BA balcony on the Star in November. Since it has penthouses on either side, the depth is considerably more than those on the sides of the ship. The width, however is the same. Sorry I can't tell you the square footage.

As for the walking track, most likely it is the promenade deck but I check in November if no one else responds.

Rooms- anyone know if the 2AFT balconies on Deck 10, 9 or 8 have extra large balconies versus a port or starboard balcony? Are the rooms any larger than other balconies? Ok one last one, does the Star have a designated deck for a walking track, I see that deck 13 has jogging track, can avid walkers use that one, or is the Promendate deck a leisurely stroll one or for morning "walkers" thanks

We were in 9232 (AE) twice on the Star and LOVED it. The balcony actually wraps around the side of the ship.

I think "officially" the jogging track is supposed to be just for jogging.. but my memory fails me. I do know we saw people walking around it though. What I cant remember is if the signs said it was for jogging only, or if you could walk on the inside side of the track and leave the outside side for joggers, or the other way around.. I do know I do not remember any track or deck just for walkers..

Any other questions on the Star.. just let me know.. We love that ship.

does the Star have a designated deck for a walking track, I see that deck 13 has jogging track, can avid walkers use that one, or is the Promendate deck a leisurely stroll one or for morning "walkers" thanks

We are also curious about this, as we are on the Star in October ... the jogging track on the deck plan looks very strange .. makes it look separated along the sides of the ship and then fore and aft suddenly you are out amongst the deck chairs? Or maybe they don't put them out til later? Is it a different surface?

We think it's great you are asking ..... and just IMHO - usually the Promenade deck is where one should walk. My husband is a runner at home and tones it down to a jog for cruises. I don't run, but I "fast walk" on cruises in the mornings too ... we have both ended up using the Promenade deck on our other cruises because it just has more space - and my husband finds that walkers will wander into his path or take up the whole middle of the jogging track at a slow pace, chatting etc. He personally wouldn't mind any walkers on the jogging track as long as they stay right, and stay aware that faster traffic will want to pass.

We are also curious about this, as we are on the Star in October ... the jogging track on the deck plan looks very strange .. makes it look separated along the sides of the ship and then fore and aft suddenly you are out amongst the deck chairs? Or maybe they don't put them out til later? Is it a different surface?

We think it's great you are asking ..... and just IMHO - usually the Promenade deck is where one should walk. My husband is a runner at home and tones it down to a jog for cruises. I don't run, but I "fast walk" on cruises in the mornings too ... we have both ended up using the Promenade deck on our other cruises because it just has more space - and my husband finds that walkers will wander into his path or take up the whole middle of the jogging track at a slow pace, chatting etc. He personally wouldn't mind any walkers on the jogging track as long as they stay right, and stay aware that faster traffic will want to pass.

It basically follows the outside of deck 13, but there are some other "areas" it goes though. For instance I know it passes by the giant chest set, and goes long the "balcony" area of the pool, it passes Cagneys and the Star Bar. I know because one night we were having drinks in the Star Bar with friends and we "stepped out" to have a smoke and lit up before we realized we were on the jogging track deck and were not supposed to be smoking up there. We immediately put our cigs out even though at that time of night no one was out there jogging. Bad thing was, there was no place to put our cigs after we put them out so we just had to leave them there on the deck which i hated to do, but we had no where else to put them. The chairs you are seeing are probably the ones around the "balcony" area that over looks the pool. I think there is actually a glass wall thing that divides those two areas. Also, (again my memory is not what it used to be), but up front, I think it passes in front of some activity area.. maybe another area to lay out and catch some rays.. but.. the track is basically "seperated" from the other areas usually by a glass wall or something like that.

Here is a picture of the BA "aft" balcony, as you can see it fits table, chair and lounger.

This picture has come from 'Sakedad" who was on a 3 day repo earlier this year. If you want to see more of his great pictures of the Star go to

http://sakedad.smugmug.com/gallery/4815831_s7KxZ/1/287575324_CM3nw#287575324_CM3nw

2014886461_StarAftBalcony.jpg.92afa5de7f6381ee487e1c79dc36ced4.jpg

The jogging track on deck 13 is clearly marked out "joggers". Walkers can stay to one side of it.

If I remember correctly the other decks have loungers 2 deep (one row of loungers up against the glass/railing then you have pathway then you have another row towards the glass/railing looking down to the pool area.

The jogging track has only one row.

Archived