Grand Cayman Jeep

Disneybridein2k3

OK, I give up. I have used the search engine on this site and googled it until I'm all googled out but still don't have anything....

I'm trying to find reviews of the Grand Cayman Jeep Safari Island Tour (either booking through the ship or better yet, not). Is there just one game in town doing this excursion anyway? The price difference between booking it through the cruiseline and direct through the company is $30pp and we have 5 people. I know about getting back to port on time, but the excursion leaves at 8:30am and it is roughly 5 hrs - and the ship doesn't leave out until (I think) 4pm. So, looking for reviews - the good, the bad, even the ugly. :p (well, ya gotta take what you can get, right?) TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you looking at the tour through Island Marketing? We were just looking at that one, and I sent them a request to book. However, once I started researching, I think this excursion may not be offered anymore. It was not listed on their main site for Grand Cayman excursions (I originally found it through google), and a thread from over a year ago on CC said that it had been discontinued. If so, it may now only be doable through the ship. I can report back once I hear from them.

Are you looking at the tour through Island Marketing? We were just looking at that one, and I sent them a request to book. However, once I started researching, I think this excursion may not be offered anymore. It was not listed on their main site for Grand Cayman excursions (I originally found it through google), and a thread from over a year ago on CC said that it had been discontinued. If so, it may now only be doable through the ship. I can report back once I hear from them.

I saw the excursion through Island Marketing and Cayman Island Discounts. The photos are the same so I assumed it was two sites for the same company. But I did the same thing as you - I googled it and came up with the Island Marketing website - now that you mention it, I went back and tried to get to that same page from their homepage but couldn't find it either. I did, however, find it from the home page of Cayman Island Discounts - http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/GrandCaymanJeepTour.htm

Looks like the prices are the same too. Thanks for letting me know! We are still interested in this excursion but I am having the hardest time getting anyone to say if they liked it or not :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

So I did end up hearing back about this tour, and was just told that it was not available for the dates that we would be there. I cannot find any other tour company that offers this, which stinks because we had finally all agreed on an excursion! We won't even be able to do it through the ship because none of us know how to drive a manual transmission.

Archived