Paying the balance for a cruise

Traval

I have been comparing prices for a cruise we are interested in taking October 09.One cruise company is asking for the balance to be paid in January----10 months before the cruise! Has anyone else experienced this? Last time we cruised on Windstar (different cruise agent) they only requested it about 3 months before sailing.I am not happy about parting with my money so far in advance when it could be earning me some interest ,but the overall price was good.

• 2 months later...

Windstar "Deposit Confirmation" document (PDF) actually prints the specific balance due date for your trip right on the document. I reviewed past billing documents (PDF) and they all are 90 days from sailing date. My TA provides all of this to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now resolved this issue and booked the cruise.The balance is due July 4 for an October 4 sailing.It was an error.

Maybe,just maybe,the exchange rate between the pound and dollar will improve a little for us by then? And a better euro rate would be good too.

We are looking forward to being back on the Windsurf and intend to enjoy ourselves inspite of the present economic climate.

Archived