Princess Mediterranean Cruise

kris77

My parents and I are taking the Mediterranean cruise next year and are trying to figure out logistics. The ship departs from Venice and is docked overnight on Friday. We are playing on getting there a day early so we can make sure we see everything and take our time without being rushed. I've been to Venice before and I recall that it's quite easy to get lost in Venice.

Does anyone know what time we'll be able to begin boarding the ship on Friday? As I mentioned before, it doesn't leave until Saturday.

I believe boarding officially begins around noon. Check your itinerary to be sure. They usually start boarding 11 or 11:30am. We sailed from Venice last November and boarded about 1pm and we had no wait. Our group of 14 was the only ones checking in when we got there.

Thanks, Paul. I'm going nuts trying to figure out a hotel that is conveniently located - and not outrageously expensive. If we are allowed to board the cruise ship so early, part of me wants to just avoid the expense associated with an extra night in Venice.

My parents and I are taking the Mediterranean cruise next year and are trying to figure out logistics. The ship departs from Venice and is docked overnight on Friday. We are playing on getting there a day early so we can make sure we see everything and take our time without being rushed. I've been to Venice before and I recall that it's quite easy to get lost in Venice.

Does anyone know what time we'll be able to begin boarding the ship on Friday? As I mentioned before, it doesn't leave until Saturday.

You won't be able to board on Friday. The previous cruise will not disembark until Sat. AM. I think you will need that room.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

The ship will actually stay overnight two nights. One for the disembarking passangers and one night for those embarking. I would highly recomend getting in a day early to see some of Venice and deal with jetlag. There were many people we met waiting to get on the ship who arrived in Venice at 9AM after an overnight flight and then had to sit in the terminal until 12 in order to board the ship. This is not a good way to start a cruise. Even If you have been to Venice before it's still great to walk around. We ended a cruise in Venice in May 2007 and this year we arrived in Venice two days early for our cruise so we could see more of Venice.

I've been to Venice before and I recall that it's quite easy to get lost in Venice.

That's why I love Venice.....I just wander through the narrow streets and always come upon some charming little piazza.

Archived