First trip to Nassau - Atlantis or Stuart Cove Shark Dives??

bridget711

Hi - need a little help deciding what our best bet is for a first trip to Nassau - the ship is set to arrive at 8am on Saturday Oct. 4 and departs Sunday at 5:30am so we have plenty of time to play :)

We're debating on renting a room to spend the day/night in Atlantis OR check out the island in the am, 2 shark dives in the afternoon with Stuart Cove and spend the evening at the bars/clubs near the pier (Cocktails and Dreams, Senor Frogs, etc).

I'm guessing that either way we are going to have a fantastic time, but any opinions and suggestions are appreciated!

Hi - need a little help deciding what our best bet is for a first trip to Nassau - the ship is set to arrive at 8am on Saturday Oct. 4 and departs Sunday at 5:30am so we have plenty of time to play :)

We're debating on renting a room to spend the day/night in Atlantis OR check out the island in the am, 2 shark dives in the afternoon with Stuart Cove and spend the evening at the bars/clubs near the pier (Cocktails and Dreams, Senor Frogs, etc).

I'm guessing that either way we are going to have a fantastic time, but any opinions and suggestions are appreciated!

I'd choose the shark dive any day over Atlantis..

BUt I'd skip Cocktails and Dreams (thug hangout with lots of trouble)..

Head to the Green Parrot up the road by the first bridge. (a quick cab ride). It's a great place to hang out on the harbour.. without the chucky cheeze atmosphere of senor frogs..

We didnt do a dive,but we snorkeled with the sharks thru Stuarts Cove.....one of the top two excursions I have ever done...........it was several years ago but we still talk about it..........

Scuba--where's the Green Parrot exactly?? We were at the first bridge last week this time.........where do we go from there???

We didnt do a dive,but we snorkeled with the sharks thru Stuarts Cove.....one of the top two excursions I have ever done...........it was several years ago but we still talk about it..........

Scuba--where's the Green Parrot exactly?? We were at the first bridge last week this time.........where do we go from there???

There are 2. The original is on Paradise Island where the Hurricane Hole marina is located.. It's one of the only buildings standing at hurricane Hole.. Great location.. but the area is not so nice at the moment due to construction.

The NEW Green Parrot is located just west of the first bridge next to Luciano's overlooking the harbour on the nassau side. Shogun Revolver is also located on the property.

http://www.greenparrotbar.com/

Both overlook the harbour.. one from PI the other from Nassau

Im thinking we saw it last week........we took the jitney to the first bridge(the one that you take TO PI)......then we walked over the bridge(that you take FROM PI) and walked over the Poop Deck....was it in that area???

Sorry,Im not good on the east/west directions esp in a place I dont live.....:o

Im thinking we saw it last week........we took the jitney to the first bridge(the one that you take TO PI)......then we walked over the bridge(that you take FROM PI) and walked over the Poop Deck....was it in that area???

Sorry,Im not good on the east/west directions esp in a place I dont live.....:o

It's just left of the onramp for the bridge that TAKES YOU TO Paradise Island.. the one with the TOLL booth.

The other bridge (eastern by the traffic circle on PI) is the one that is nearer to the Poop Deck.

The bridges aren't that far apart.. next time.. be sure to check out the Parrot.

So when we get off the jitney,we need to walk back a bit for the GP?? Its on the water side of the road??

Bridges may not be far apart,but they are STEEP(we walked over both of them).........my calves were killing for me for the next 2 days....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived