Las Escobas Springs and 7 alters waterfalls

lborne

I have many questions, please bear with me.

1. Are Las Escobas Springs and Waterfalls in the same area as the 7 alters waterfalls?

2. We wanted to book the tour through our cruise ship that takes you first to Green Bay Hotel and then on a 1.5 hr hike to Las Escobas with swimming in the waterfall pools followed by a visit with local people, supposedly funded by a special education program FUNDAECO. But it is not offered. Possibly because our ship is the only one docked at the time and it is Dec 24.

3. Are there any other tours similar to this? What companies? Will anything be open on Dec 24?

4. Can we get a taxi to the rainforest and hike to the waterfalls by ourselves? We will have 2 children (5 and 10) with us.

TIA

• 1 month later...

hi tia!!

my english is very bad, but i hope that i can help you.

1. Are Las Escobas Springs and Waterfalls in the same area as the 7 alters waterfalls? betwen las escobas springs and the 7 alters, there are about 45 minutes in boat trip from Santo tomas de castilla to livingston.

2. We wanted to book the tour through our cruise ship that takes you first to Green Bay Hotel and then on a 1.5 hr hike to Las Escobas with swimming in the waterfall pools followed by a visit with local people, supposedly funded by a special education program FUNDAECO. But it is not offered. Possibly because our ship is the only one docked at the time and it is Dec 24.

betwen green bay and las escobas interpretative trail by Fundaeco, there are 3 kms. by a second road (not asfalted). Fundaeco has some programs of ecoturism and enviromental education whit comunities in cerro san gil protected area. i send the link to the website http://www.fundaeco.org.gt

in december 24, if your ship operator cant have the tour, you can contact any local operator inside of the Boat Terminal: Izabal adventure, go whit gus, happy fish, turix activo, aldana mar, by example.

you can take a taxi inside of the boat terminal and go to las escobas waterfalls.

Good trip!!

Estuardo

Archived