Fuel and other surcharges

lea

Wasn't the fuel surcharge $7 per person per day in April of this year?. I am making my final payment and it doesn't seem to add up correctly. I also had a $65 savings certificate which they took off and I know my TA charges $20 but I still seem to be paying an extra $100. Any thoughts so I'm prepared for the discussion? Thanks

Yes the fule surcharges have risen....but I gotta ask....

Your TA charges a fee?

They are getting a minimum 10% from RCI,( in some cases, can earn 15% plus overrides... a fee? No way would I ever pay my TA and extra fee, they are good, but not that good!

I think the fuel surcharge was $5/day in April (which is when I booked my November cruise), and it was raised sometime in early May. For that $20 fee your TA charges (!), I'm hoping they at least sent you RCI's guest confirmation -- the full breakdown of charges will be on it.

You are right it was $5 a day as I review my other information. But the breakdown on my confirmation is vague so I will just have to ask them why the difference. They put charges into the listed price for one individual then separate them but lump the charges together for both travelers so it gets confusing - but it still does not add up to my original price of $499/pp plus fuel charge minus the $65 ( plus the $20) Thanks for your help..

the fuel surcharge for our recent booking in the UK was £5 per person per day and I think another poster confirmed the US rate was also $10

I understand from the UK brochure that RCCI can adjust the price and impose a surcharge (or make a refund), presumably until the final payment is made, if their costs increase or fall by 2% or more. This would apply for any cost variation, whether due to currency rates or fuel, taxes etc.

Fuel prices have fallen and the $ seems to have improved recently (from $1.98 to $1.85: £). It has also improved against the Euro although not as much.

It would be interesting to see if US travellers receive a refund or UK travellers are hit with a surcharge!

You are right it was $5 a day as I review my other information. But the breakdown on my confirmation is vague so I will just have to ask them why the difference. They put charges into the listed price for one individual then separate them but lump the charges together for both travelers so it gets confusing - but it still does not add up to my original price of $499/pp plus fuel charge minus the $65 ( plus the $20) Thanks for your help..

Are you looking at Royal Caribbean's own offer confirmation invoice (which you should have been provided a copy of), or an agency invoice that your TA gave you? If you didn't opt for cruise line air or any other add-ons, you should be paying $499 plus taxes/fees of maybe $40 or so each, as well as the $35 fuel surcharge each. The $499 already includes the port charges, and you mentioned a $65 credit which should have been deducted.

Thanks - you are right - for some reason I thought taxes as well as port charges are included in the listed price - but only port charges apparently are. So that accounts for the difference.

Archived