Are the people who answer the phone for RCI actually RCI employees?

Or do they work for a 3rd party call center?

This is just a question out of curiosity...

As Gordon mentioned, RCCL does not use outsourcing.

Out of curiosity........what is your reason for asking? Did you feel that the person answering your call was not knowledgeable enough??

What is interesting is that there are some operators that have very little knowledge of cruising, and sometime by the luck of the draw.....you get one............at least I have in the past!!:D

Rick

My Niece is a Disney Employee,with all of the Disney benefits, works for Disney travel reservations, anything from resort to Cruise to whatever. If you call the Disney 1-800 #, you might get her, working from her home, home schooling her kids. She can turn the 1-800 # on or off, anytime she feels like working, 24 - 7.

It did not start out this way. Once upon a time she had to go into work. But after she started a family this is what she does.

As Gordon mentioned, RCCL does not use outsourcing.

Out of curiosity........what is your reason for asking? Did you feel that the person answering your call was not knowledgeable enough??

What is interesting is that there are some operators that have very little knowledge of cruising, and sometime by the luck of the draw.....you get one............at least I have in the past!!:D

Rick

My main reason was just to satisfy my own curiosity.. I have always had friendly and very helpful people answer the phone when I call RCI.

B-52:

That is very interesting about your niece. I have heard about call centers allowing employees to work from home, but I was not aware that they could log in and log out of the "network" whenever they wish. That is a pretty nice job perk, in my opinion.

Don't forget that some of the people handling your cruise inquiry have never cruise themselves. Isn't that scary?

Not really.......has the salesperson you bought your car from owned one?:D and the list could go on and on.

Everyone has to get experience sometime.

Archived