Caribe deck on the Crown?

SMRivera198

We just got our cabin number after booking a guaranteed balcony and I was wondering if you guys could offer up some insight about the room. It's C735 on the Caribe deck, category BB. Is there anything else on this deck other than staterooms? Also, on the princess site I saw that there are other balcony rooms on the same deck but in a different category (I think it may have been BE) so what is the difference between the two? I looked up the deck plan and saw that our room is all the way toward the rear, how is that area as far as motion goes? I'm so excited about this cruise that I wouldn't mind sleeping in the boiler room! Anyway, any and all info would be appreciated :D

Thanks much!

~Sara

Hi Sara-I don't know in which catagory your guarantee started, but this is a nice upgrade. All of the balconies on the Caribe deck are much larger than on any other deck (I'm talking about the side cabins, not the completely aft cabins). This is my area of choice when choosing a cabin: BA (midship) or BB (aft). The elevator is close by to take you to the Lido for the buffet and if you have traditional dining the elevator will take you right to the Botticelli Dining Room. Is this your first Princess cruise? Where are you going?:)

The caibe deck on the Crown Princess is stateroom only. (It's the same on the Caribbean Princess as well, they're sister ships) What determines the catagory depends on where the room is on the ship such as if you have a balcony, balcony with obstruted view, outside or interrior cabin- plus the bed configuration. one catagory has 2 lower beds, another has four, stacked like bunk-beds, etc. As far as the motion of the ship, I've stayed in cabins a few away from yours on the Baha deck twice- to me it depends on where you leave from- I left from NY twice and found that i felt the ship more because of the currents, until we passed the Carolinas- then it calmed down a bit. You might not notice it at all= it got to me more than it got to my friend. Engine noise is ok- It sounded the same to me on all the cabin decks. Bring drammamine just in-case! Have Fun!

We just got our cabin number after booking a guaranteed balcony and I was wondering if you guys could offer up some insight about the room.

It's C735 on the Caribe deck, category BB. Is there anything else on this deck other than staterooms?

No!

Also, on the princess site I saw that there are other balcony rooms on the same deck but in a different category (I think it may have been BE) so what is the difference between the two?

BA category are on Caribe Deck. Mid-ship cabins are considered a higher level. Costing more.

BE cabins are located on Baja Deck.

I looked up the deck plan and saw that our room is all the way toward the rear, how is that area as far as motion goes?

You will feel the motion. After a busy day onboard, you won't mind being rocked to sleep. :p

Sara

Enjoy your cruise!

Aft Caribe deck is a great location. There will be a (hopefully) gentle rocking side to side no matter where you are on the ship. Sometimes the aft can feel a little more vibration but not much.

Caribe deck balconys are the largest with 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered.

I'm still waiting for my assignment and would be doing a happy dance with your cabin.

Sara this Feb we were in 718. Loved it. It is a bit of a walk to everything but trust me after breakfast-lunch-dinner you will appreciate it. It seems like a big ship but once you get to know it the walk isn't all that bad.

As for movement only once when we were in Mexico the waters were ruff so you felt it a little bit other than that not bad at all.

Here is a good secret, when you get off the elevators look at the carpets, one has pink and the other has blue stripes so you will know which side of the ship your room is on. Plus another by the elevators they have a picture of the ship what ever way the ship's front is facing that is the way you go to get to the front. These are things we learned on our four or fifth day.

The first few days were a hoot, trying to figure out where and how to get to places. I learnt so much just asking questions and reading on here.

How exciting we leave in six months for our second cruise and starting to get excited already, looking into excursions now.....:D

Archived