Conquest Review 8/10-8/17

lovebug33

Aw, I'm sorry you had a bad time at Sunset beach. We went last summer and had a lot of fun. I'm sure it would have been much different if we'd have had something stolen like you did. We had a little water proof thing too and it didnt work and our money got wet, but at least it was still there. I think we got that one at Bass Pro. The one we bought on the ship worked much better for Grand Caymen. I love all your dresses!

Lovebug33 you have me laughing out loud. What a great review! I am so sorry about your Sunset Beach experience but you "moved on" as they say. Stuff happens - and you fought letting it ruin your cruise. Way to go! My sister and I are going on the Conquest 9/14 with my 19 year old daughter and her best friend. Your review has prepared us better than the Carnival brochure...

I can tell you this - we would have been your budddies if we were onboard with you! Fun people make fun happen!:p

My sister and I are going on the Conquest 9/14 with my 19 year old daughter and her best friend. Your review has prepared us better than the Carnival brochure...

I can tell you this - we would have been your budddies if we were onboard with you! Fun people make fun happen!:p

You should bounce over and say hi on our roll call. DH and I are traveling with 14 others - friends & family - including my parents and my 24 yo son and his girlfriend.

I am really enjoying this review!! Can't wait to read more!:D :D

Take Care,

Lexi

Okay, so it has been the first week of school, so I haven't been able to post. Here is my report on Cozumel! We got off the boat at 10:00 and since our adventure wasn't until 11:00, we did a little shopping right by the pier. We were supposed to do the mini jeep outlander and snorkel but decided we had had enough of being in the water, so we did the ATV Jungle Adventure. This was SOOO much fun, but when we got there, people from the Legend were getting off and they were filthy dirty, which we didn't know would happen. We lost a lady to the hiking adventure because she didn't want to get her clothes dirty :) . The ride is really bumpy and I couldn't drive very fast (DH got put in the fast group because I was so slow). There were a few mini Mayan ruins that they talked about. We were absolutely filthy, from head to toe. There was even dirt UNDER my shirt on my skin. It was in places we couldn't figure out how it got there. My shirt still hasn't come clean! We didn't have time to go back to the boat and clean up, so we just washed up in the sink in a bathroom, and went shopping. We took a cab to the mall at the end of the street and walked back. We loved Cozumel and the city, but the shopping was like all jewelry. Same thing in Cayman, too. It was hard to find cheapy souvenirs. Cozumel was a lot different than other Mexican cities we've been to. Or, we just didn't find the area with cheapy souvenirs! We went back to the ship and cleaned, which took a ton of time to get all the dirt off of us. After dinner, we did country line dancing in the lounge and stayed to watch the show. Unfortunately, the juggler had to go to the Legend, so we got the comedian and ME for entertainment. They asked for volunteers to come on stage and I stupidly went. Okay, if ever asked to go on the stage, make sure you have a shirt that is running compatible. They did a story (3 little bears). I was momma bear and every time they said momma bear, we had to run around the stage. I almost turned it into an X-rated show :eek: ! Imagine my disappointment that I didn't get a ship on a stick (I got a bottle of champagne, instead, which we don't drink). I was really starting to get desperate to get a ship on a stick at this point! The comedian was funny. We were so tired that we went to our cabin and watched the Olympics!

This is how dirty we got

2323347210103918786S500x500Q85.jpg

2472295860103918786S500x500Q85.jpg

Yes, I took my picture with a lizard in a diaper

2014689460103918786S500x500Q85.jpg

Lovebug--I'm LOVING your review! I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience at Sunset Beach. But, I KNOW you didn't let it ruin the rest of your trip. I saw you having too much fun. :D

Even after having the last night of our trip soiled with the jewelry issue, we still had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again.

After we got home, I was showing off my pictures to some friends and we've decided to book a group cruise for next summer. Wanna go??

DH and I then met up with our people from the meet and greet and off to bed we went!

Your reviews are great! This cruise was our family's first cruise ever, in May of 06 and we LOVED it. I must say though that if your above quote is an indicator of what it is like to go with a group and have a meet and greet, I will have to rethink our next cruise!!!:o

Thanks for taking the time to post!!

grammacassi

DH and I then met up with our people from the meet and greet and off to bed we went!

Your reviews are great! This cruise was our family's first cruise ever, in May of 07 and we LOVED it. I must say though that if your above quote is an indicator of what it is like to go with a group and have a meet and greet, I will have to rethink our next cruise!!!:o

Thanks for taking the time to post!!

grammacassi

Jensing: keep me informed about a group cruise. DH works most of the summer, though, so it's hard. I think you and I had a very similar experience. I think the stealing is hard enough, but the mistreatment afterward is worse. I posted a warning about Sunset Beach in the Jamaica thread and they have been really rude about it. I have never met people more adamant about their point of view. Interesting the different viewpoints!

Archived