Cruiseline roommate matchup service

tack42

Would like to get some info on cruise lines that offer roommate matchup services and your experience with it. Want to cruise but don't want to pay crazy supplement fees. Thank you Tom

Only Holland America has this. But, if you're younger, HAL might not be for you. Their average age is quite high. I would have to agree with others who say it might be a better idea to book an inside cabin for less money rather than risk sharing a cabin and bathroom with a stranger who could be the roommate from hell. I know I wouldn't want to spend loads of money, only to have your vacation ruined by a bad roommate.

Or, you can just hang out here on Cruise Critic and make friends who like to cruise! I met some wonderful folks who, after hanging out here on CC, decided they wanted to cruise together.

My roomie & I saw each other's face and heard each other's voice for the first time at dinner the night before the cruise.

We both felt that we'd get along well enough to share a sleeping and clothes-changing place. Little did we know that despite a 20 year age difference, we have a lot in common, and would lie in bed talking in the dark until the wee hours of the morning like a couple of girls at camp!

It worked out so well that we'll be cruising together again next May.

Or, you can just hang out here on Cruise Critic and make friends who like to cruise! I met some wonderful folks who, after hanging out here on CC, decided they wanted to cruise together.

My roomie & I saw each other's face and heard each other's voice for the first time at dinner the night before the cruise.

We both felt that we'd get along well enough to share a sleeping and clothes-changing place. Little did we know that despite a 20 year age difference, we have a lot in common, and would lie in bed talking in the dark until the wee hours of the morning like a couple of girls at camp!

It worked out so well that we'll be cruising together again next May.

RPC I still don't believe they are letting all you MOSers on the same ship.....:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

I vote for either cruising with someone you already know and enjoy their company, making buddies here on CC, or possibly finding a group (near you) that's already going and seeing if someone needs a cabinmate. You might find a group of people in your area that already cruise together. We have one here in OKC, with a few people in the Tulsa area. If you want, you are welcome email me at this address : geeck at integris-health dot com and maybe I can connect you with some of our Tulsa cruisers.

Back in the 80's I cruised often with matched roommates, usually on Carnival, but that practice is about nonexistant now. Have you checked out the CC "Solo" cruisers forum?

navbits_start.gif Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic > Special Interest Cruising navbits_finallink.gif Solo Cruisers

or the

navbits_start.gif Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic > Special Interest Cruising navbits_finallink.gif Singles Cruises

They can answer many of your questions. Plus, some cruiselines sometimes but not often offer singles a cabin without a singles supplement on certain cruises. In these threads they post such info when found and give you ways to search for such. Since I'm now retired, on my last three cruises I have chosen to pay the supplement, but I always search for bargain offers, senior citizens rates, etc. to keep the cost down. Good luck! I hope you find a reasonable offer. Once you are on a cruise as a solo, it should be very easy to make friends.

Archived