Open Seating On Doc What Does That Mean?

darleen1421

Your TA didn't tell you when you booked that you'd be in open seating?? :eek: The best thing to do at this late date is to check the information you're given when checking in at the pier to see where the Dining Room changes are going to be held. Head there first thing after boarding to get in line to plead your case with the Dining Room Manager or his/her Asst.

Otherwise your only option is to call each morning (at 8 a.m.) to try to make a reservation for the same table that night. Good Luck - not my idea of how I want to spend my vacation either. :rolleyes:

Just answered this on your other thread:

AYWD is the open seating dining. You can go to the lower level of the dining room any time from 5:15 until 9 to eat dinner. Toy can call between 8 AM - 4 PM each day to make a reservation for a specific time and size of table. Reservations are only available from 5:15 until around 6 and then from around 7:70 until 9 -- each ships seems to vary a little on this. Otherwise you just show up when you are ready to eat.

Once you are on the ship and are able to go to your cabin, the daily program will list the time and place where you can meet with the dining room manager to try and make a change.

Good Luck.

Even though my friend and I booked our Prinsendam cruise last October, we're waitlisted for Main/lower dining room. Does the Prinsendam have AYW dining? Do we have a chance of getting late Traditional? How do I find out where we are on the wait list?

Even though my friend and I booked our Prinsendam cruise last October, we're waitlisted for Main/lower dining room. Does the Prinsendam have AYW dining? Do we have a chance of getting late Traditional? How do I find out where we are on the wait list?

My understanding is that the Prinsendam does not offer AYWD.

My understanding is that the Prinsendam does not offer AYWD.

Is this concept fleet wide?

The ships and starting dates are listed below.

Noordam- Implemented

Ryndam-10/11/07

Volendam-11/13/07

Statendam-12/18/07

Oosterdam-1/5/08

Rotterdam-1/27/08

Zaandam-2/3/08

Westerdam-2/24/08

Zuiderdam-3/15/08

Veendam-4/6/08

Maasdam-4/24/08

Amsterdam-5/16/08

Prinsendam-5/23/08

Eurodam-7/5/08

According to what I've read, and what Hammy has posted on the AYWD 'sticky', the Prinsendam started AYWD on 23 May 2008.

Yes -- we were originally schedules to cruise the Prinsendam this year -- and HAL asked our TA if we wanted traditional or AYWD dining.

Part of the dining room has been reserved for those that do want the the AYWD -- I do not know which part of the dining room has been reserved for this.

Archived