Travellers checks in Cozumel???

abbyndrewmom

I've used Amex travellers checks several times in Cozumel. They look very closely at the signature there, so be sure to sign your checks so they match the 1'st signature on the check. In Cozumel, you'll get change back in dollars. (In Playa, I got change back in pesos.)

There's probably a place where you can cash travellers checks, but I always cash some before leaving the ship. Between that and the change I get at the stores, I've never needed to seek out a place for cashing them.

There is an American Express Money Exchange office on the lower level towards the back at the Punta Langosta Pier. I have always found them to have the best exchange rate and they don't have the long lines like banks. They normally give you pesos so I would only exchange as much as you think you will need. You can buy dollars back with your pesos but at a different rate of exchange.

If you can cash some Traveller's Checks on the ship for dollars, that's your best bet. That way you won't have to deal with a foreign currency and then hope you have enough time on your way back to the ship to get the remains changed back to dollars, at a loss. Small bills are always a good idea as no one seems to have change here. :)

Archived