Any independant zip line tours from Puntarenas?

Cruise Gopher

I really want to do a zip line canopy tour in Costa Rica. We dock in Puntarenas from 7am to 7pm. Royal Caribbean does not offer a ship organized zip line excursion.

Can anyone recommend some companies that do zip line tours on the Puntarenas side?

Hello...

If you check this current page for a post "Must See Or Do In Costa Rica", I've kind of answered your question.

It's absolutely possible to do a day tour to zip-line from Puntarenas. I've described the tour (just substitute zip-line for SKYWALK....they had incredible zip-lines there).

Another thread on same post gives information on how I hired the driver and guide.

I hope this is helpful.

murphysmum;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to do the word's best zip line tour, go to Finca Daniel:

http://www.finca-daniel.com/

The Finca is run by a German couple. I've been there twice and have already done both zip line tours.

The "25 Zip Lines over 11 waterfalls Canopy Tour" is a blast:

You'll ride on horseback to the first platform. Be aware that there's no return once you've started the zip line tour.

On the tour you are allowed to take pictures. The tour is very strenuous, but it's the best tour I've ever done!

You can also visit my website for some pictures (sorry, the site is in German):

http://cruising-cowboy.lima-city.de/Kreuzfahrten_Summit_07.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Eric,

I have grown up with horses and love the idea of riding horses to the top to zip line. We were thinking about zip lining at Mahogany Park, is this one better? How long are you riding horses to the top and will they pick you up from the cruise port?

• 5 weeks later...
Eric,

I have grown up with horses and love the idea of riding horses to the top to zip line. We were thinking about zip lining at Mahogany Park, is this one better? How long are you riding horses to the top and will they pick you up from the cruise port?

My husband and I, along with a small group from our Celebrity cruise, were at Adventure Park/Hotel Vista Golfo on October 14th. It was AWESOME. I cannot recommend this tour enough - they were so professional, extremely safety conscious, and the 25 zipline tour was incredibly fun and beautiful. Everyone in our group was so impressed with this tour, it was all we could talk about for days afterwards.

See my review here: http://rlshome.com/blog/?p=3387

I inquired about taking horses to the start of the zipline too as I am a horse owner. They said they have discontinued that option because it was taking too long. Let me stress that even if you don't get to go on horseback this is the BEST zipline tour.

If you do have time to ride - the horses were on the smaller side as is common in this part of the world. They appeared healthy and well cared for. I really want to go back to Costa Rica!

Edited to add: yes, they will pick you up at the cruise port. Your driver will act as guide on the drive to Costa Rica, telling you about the towns along the way.

Archived