Lordsheffield Review Oct. 20, 2004

emtnmare

Just got back from a wonderful cruise on Carnival Glory with my family. I am still swaying so bear with me.

The Lordsheffield Sail is 4 hours long. We had 10 customers onboard and it was staffed by a crew of 4. I would allow 20 minutes to walk from the ship to the marina. Most of the walk time is to get to the main gate of the cruise pier, so there is no need for a taxi. With daylight savings time coming to an end, there will be a time diffrence from ship to island so check it out.

I found the crew to be very friendly and layed back. They made sure you always had something to drink if you wanted. They provided unlimited beer, rum punch, Coke, Diet Coke and water. There may have been other things that I did not see. They made some of the best ribs I have tasted along with cheese, french bread, pickles. I did not leave the ship hungry.

At first I thought the ship was going to be on the small side. But what is one to think after getting off a monster cruise ship. Once on board it was larger than I first thought. There are places to sit in back and up front. One of the best spots is at the very front of the ship. It also serves as a dive platform when anchored. You sail out for approx. 1-1 1/2 hours then anchor out from a very quite beach. You can swim, snorkel or what most did was just float around the ship with noodles and enjoy each others company, while the crew provide refreshments both in and out of the water.

If you want to snorkel you need to bring your own gear.

They use the engine to get you back to the port as the wind is against them. Which in turns makes it more intresting to be at the very front.

This is one of those shore excursions who really what to keep to yourself. But that would not be fair to the crew. They started in Feb. of 2004 and have worked very hard in developing a great product.

If you have any questions please ask.

I would rate the snorkeling on this trip as fair when compared to St. Thomas. The water is very clear and you will see some fish and possible eels along a rock wall. Most of the floor of the ocean in that area is covered with white sand. The area was very calm.

All,

We (Lord Sheffield) have a few sets of snorkel gear and we will be purchasing more shortly.

That being said... if you wish to snorkel just let us know and we will ensure that the enough gear is present.

Sincerely,

Rob

Lord Sheffield Tall Ship Adventures

To the question about small children - we have booked for the week of T-Giving and are bringing our 3 yr old - I emailed the woman (can't remember her name right now) and she said it was no problem, she was happy to help ensure her safety.

Archived