White Room - Alfresco Dining

aggietd

Morning Everybody,

Can someone help me with this query, On Ventura in 8 1/2 weeks (but who's counting) Would probably like to book the White Room, but have a query, I know there is alfresco dining outside the white room, but I have heard that probablely the best bit of the white room is the ambiance (tablecloths crystal glasses etc) my question is do the alfresco tables outside have the same tableware, or are they set for outside dining , no tables cloths? (I saw a picture of the tables and they are slatted teak like very good garden furniture). I know this sounds as if I am being very picky but i would just like to know what to expect if I decided to eat 'alfresco' in the caribbean.

thank you.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

We have just come back from cruising on Ventura. We dined in The White Room a couple of times and did indeed see tables outside which are 'slated'. Didn't notice any tablecloths on them. However, in the actual inside restaurant there are no tablecloths as the tables are of a highly polished nature (but would appear not to be wood - probably quite expensive!). The restaurant is very good and indeed does have a lovely atmosphere. The food is excellent. Don't forget to book well in advance as they do seem to get booked up very quickly.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

J & P :)

Hi Nancy. havent posted on this site for a week or so. Work takes over.

However I am 2/3rds of the way down a bottle of nice red and I am starting to feel like a human being again.

We have also booked the White room for our party. We are hoping for the evening that we sail out of Teneriefe. Not sure of the layout but it sounds fantastic. We dined in Arcadian Rhodes and then in Todd English on QM2. I guess that we now have to try everyone we can. The cover charge is reasonable if you consider what it would cost to eat at a similar venue ashore.. I hope you have a wonderful meal in there and we may see you in there.

See you in 59 days anyway for the start of utopia. Bob.

Rex, you should be ashamed.LOL.

We have also booked the White room for our party. We are hoping for the evening that we sail out of Teneriefe.

Hi rob linda,

Reading your post, I take it we can book White room before we sail, if so...how does one go about it?. I sail on Ventura 10th Oct. Would be very grateful for any help given.

Janet

We booked before cruise. Had to buy a Gift Voucher for £46 - 2 at £15 cover charge plus bottle of vine.

On board was told they try and charge you £20pp - although they will negotiate apparently it down to £15.

Not bad meal. Menu quite small. East is definately far betterdiniing experince , which is what everyone says.

Got off Ventura this morning - dined in White's twice and East three times. We preferred East but Whites was also very good (sorry, didn't notice if there were tablecloths outside) but the ambience is excellent in both places. The menu's change in the second week.

Once all washing etc done, will post a full review.

Maria x

We booked before cruise. Had to buy a Gift Voucher for £46 - 2 at £15 cover charge plus bottle of vine.

On board was told they try and charge you £20pp - although they will negotiate apparently it down to £15.

Not bad meal. Menu quite small. East is definately far betterdiniing experince , which is what everyone says.

Many thanks for info regarding vouchers, I had no idea you could book that way ...will try both, especially East.;)

Archived