Jeans or trousers??? - advice asap please!

Going on Destiny cruise ship this thurs so leaving questions a bit late....

Hubbie lives in jeans and has minimal trousers... are jeans ok for the evenings or does he have to wear trousers?

Minimal trousers!!! wot, shorts?

I am going on Celebration in a couple of weeks and will be wearing jeans some evenings, dress ones, a brown pair and a 'canvas' pair. no blue jeans though.

Hubbie lives in jeans and has minimal trousers... are jeans ok for the evenings or does he have to wear trousers?

I'm presuming you mean to wear jeans to dine in the restaurant ?

Personally I would be miffed to see someone wearing jeans in the restaurant during the evening meals especially where the majority of diners make an effort. A pair of slacks (chino's) and short sleeved shirt are ideal. If you don't intend dining in the restaurant no probs with wearing jeans but can honestly say that it's a rare occurrence to see someone wear jeans during the evening.

If hubbie is to wear jeans, what will you wear ? Again I'll presume that you would like to dress up a bit, go on you know you'll want to ;)

I've never accepted that jeans come under the "smart but casual" tag.

Anyway's, enjoy your cruise :)

Hi Pumpkin77:D

My other half tends to prefer jeans as well. It's not a problem with us as we usually eat in the Lido buffet restaurant (on Destiny) and you can wear what you want in there (within reason obviously). Some people are still in their shorts some evenings although I must admist we do always change before dinner. He does take smart trousers and wears them occasionally especially if I've made an extra special effort to dress up.

If we were to go to the Seven Seas restaurant I know he wouldn't wear jeans then.

Smiffy1951

Janet:)

I think the reason many people book Thomson cruises is for the realxed way of cruising including dress code.

I am finding it a little difficult thinking about what my 2 lads of 16 and 14 should wear for evenings.

I do not want to waste money by buying clothes they will never wear again.

We shall mostly eat in the buffet restaurant on the Celebration and they will be happy in their smart jeans there.

I think the reason many people book Thomson cruises is for the realxed way of cruising including dress code.

I am finding it a little difficult thinking about what my 2 lads of 16 and 14 should wear for evenings.

I do not want to waste money by buying clothes they will never wear again.

We shall mostly eat in the buffet restaurant on the Celebration and they will be happy in their smart jeans there.

What about cargo shorts/trousers, they always look kool except on me apparently, all belly and bum :o

Archived