Grand Princess cabin positions

angela mace

Hi folks , We are thinking of booking on a cruise on the Grand Princess, having never cruised before on princess cruises, I would like to know if any one has stayed at the bow end in the following cabins p261, p257, p253, p219. The reason for this is to find anything about noise vibration ect. We have once had a bow cabin on a different ship and it was deafening. We are also looking at Dolphin deck which is higher up but more pricey, being a brit at the moment means tight purse strings. Many thanks.

Hi folks , We are thinking of booking on a cruise on the Grand Princess, having never cruised before on princess cruises, I would like to know if any one has stayed at the bow end in the following cabins p261, p257, p253, p219. The reason for this is to find anything about noise vibration ect. We have once had a bow cabin on a different ship and it was deafening. We are also looking at Dolphin deck which is higher up but more pricey, being a brit at the moment means tight purse strings. Many thanks.

We stayed up front many times. You may feel some vibration from the water but there isn't any noise. If you want a smoother ride I would go midship or down around the 330 to 500 numbered cabins. Aft you get a bit more vibration from the engines. But the cabins are not noisy at all.

We were just on the Grand and had cabins D727 and D729. I can't say there was a lot of noise except when the shipping was docking. There was also a lot of vibration when the ship was docking. I used the midship elevator quite on a bit and there was a loud creaking sound in the hallways when we hit some rough seas which we did not hear aft.

As stated there will be movement, so I would further aft in the 300's too. ;)

Well, I for one disagree about the noise issue.

If you are far forward, and in pitching seas, you may well hear the crash of the bow when its slaps down on waves.

You may also hear the anchor chain when the anchor is dropped, and of course, you may hear and feel the vibrations of the bow thrusters when in operation.

I prefer to stay away from far forward cabins.

Stayed in C248 last year on the Grand. Felt a fair amount of movement and vibration, however, this was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to.

The movement was never an issue or problem. In fact, my husband and I still talk about how the cruise was the best sleep that we have had in years. Being in an inside cabin that was dark and cool and feeling the rocking of the boat put us to sleep almost instantly.

Archived