Waitlisted Dining Preference

yoleven

Has anyone had problems changing dining preferences on HAL cruises? My wife and I booked 6 weeks out from the sail date on Maasdam and were waitlisted for early seating. Her mom, sister, and sister's husband had already booked and received confirmation for early seating and obviously we would like to join them. I assume we go to the maitre'd upon boarding and ask for a change. Seems we have done this on another line and did not have a problem. What do you think?:confused:

Often times, the dining room on a HAL cruise is fully booked for the earlier dining times. They may assist you in moving to the earlier seating, as your family is already seated at that time, but it truly depends on the availablity. Although often times, great prices can be gotten close to cruise time, one of the set backs is having to accept the dining times as then available.

That is, unless you have booked a suite. I believe suite customers have preference over dining times, at least in the Pinnacle. Would those "in the know" correct me if I am wrong about preference in the main dining room?

Assuming your relatives requested a table for 4, being seated with them might depend on the configuration of their assigned table. Some 4's can easily add 2 more place settings while others are strictly for 4 people. It then would depend on whether a table for 6 was available for your request to be honored.

You might ask your relatives to contact their TA and ask for a larger table in early seating. This might make it easier. Also be sure that the TA cross references all of you. This is easy if you all booked with the same TA. It will help if you have all the bookings numbers from your family.

I know on our January 5, Rotterdam cruise that early seating is completely sold out and no waitlists are being taken. I have been told that no changes will be made aboard ship. This does not happen often.

I know on our January 5, Rotterdam cruise that early seating is completely sold out and no waitlists are being taken. I have been told that no changes will be made aboard ship. This does not happen often.

That would make me wonder if possibly there is a very large group booked on that cruise and they are taking over a large part of a particular seating time.

Archived