Earliest flight possible out of FLL?

acruisefan

We are on the Crown Princess for the New Years week cruise. The ship docks in FLL. Is 10:20am too early for a FLL flight? What is the earliest flight that you would recommend?

What about from MIA? I know 10:20 is too risky for MIA with a FLL port.

We have a family group coming, all on different flights, but I am setting them all up. I have one more set of tickets to purchase and the prices are killing me!! I hoping to catch a break by getting an early (cheaper) flight back home for 2 in our party.

There's a reason that flight is cheaper... and it's because it's too early for cruise ship passengers!

To be fair, you might make it. But, a) is it really worth the stress, and b) is the later flight really that much more?

There will be lots of people that will tell you it's fine. I would not be one of them and tell you there's a reason why the cruise lines tell you to book a flight after a certain time. In the end, you go with your gut and ignore what everyone tells you to do.

We are on the Crown Princess for the New Years week cruise. The ship docks in FLL. Is 10:20am too early for a FLL flight? What is the earliest flight that you would recommend?

What about from MIA? I know 10:20 is too risky for MIA with a FLL port.

We have a family group coming, all on different flights, but I am setting them all up. I have one more set of tickets to purchase and the prices are killing me!! I hoping to catch a break by getting an early (cheaper) flight back home for 2 in our party.

There are 7 ships at Port Everglades the day you disembark, I wouldn't try anything earlier than 11 out of FLL, out of MIA I would make it 12:30 as there are also 5 ships at Port of Miami that day.

Nope 1020 out of FLL is not to early remember there always can be an extenuating circumstance but they get into port 4 am, 5 am etc and they want to start putting the new folks on about 1130 or so. We have always done a 1000 or 1100 flight out of FLL and in most cases have been over in the airport by 9ish But I surely would not try Miami at that hour

ok, you've convinced me. The last thing I want to do is have some in our group stressed out the last night about catching their flight, or worse, missing it, just to save a few bucks.

Although the cost of airfare is driving me crazy!

Thanks for the input.

Archived