Ideal way to spend Anniversary in Mazatlan?

Keishaw

We will be in Mazatlan on the day of our 20th wedding anniversary...

Any suggestions for the BEST way to spend our special day? (keep it clean, people!!! haha)

We'd consider ship or private tours, but would probably lean towards dependable private to keep costs down (this trip is a last-minute splurge already!)

We have done enough zip-lines, ATV's, parasailing and snorkelling for a while ... looking for something more relaxing and entertaining. We'd probably pass on massages too - every one I've had on cruise vacations has not gone well for some reason:( ... so I've learned from that.

Thanks for any recommendations!

KK

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you could do that too :D

Okay, I'm sure you've heard all about Mazatlan Frank, Randi's Happy Horses, Time spent on Stone Island, etc.

How about a romantic restaurant with delicious food and a fabulous view at sunset? Three choices:

The Sheik

Emerald Bay at Pueblo Bonito

El Papagayo

I can personally vouch for El Papagayo, but acquaintances have raved about the other two, especially The Sheik. You might want to do a little research. Wish I had more for you.

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to you as well!

Thanks for the suggestions Laughing Angel... we depart at 5:30, so we won't be around for any sunsets. Good idea though!

I'm leaning towards finding a polmonia (sp?) and just touring around a bit, and possibly riding some horses on the beach. I like the idea of finding a hotel we like the look of, "waltzing thru the lobby to the beach like we own the place" (like a few folks have suggested), and parking on the sand and ordering some drinks.

I've read a few vague posts about some kind of "Flyers" - I'm wondering what the heck that is... a bird show? Cliff divers? Trapeze artists? Am I close?:confused:

K

You know, the pulmonia thing is actually not a bad idea. My mother and I ditched the rest of the family to take a ride/tour through Mazatlan. Got to see a lot of the Old City, some shopping in the Golden Zone, stopped along the public beach, and even went to the top of Ice Box Hill for some gorgeous views of the city (and our cruise ship) from on high. I think you might enjoy something like this.

Archived