What on earth is going on with tux rental????

margbem

Got an e-mail from the hire company to say they are no longer doing tux rental on Splendour. I arranged the hire of a tux for this September months ago. They tell me to contact RCI directly. The link on RCI goes back to the same company!!!! Rang RCI UK who say they don't do tux rental - they send it out to a hire company. What's going on? Anyone else had the same experience????

Now with restricted carryon, more than ever we need available options on the ships!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Happily our cruise leaves from our home country and we will drive to the port. I have no idea how we will cope luggage-wise once the cruise bug bites and I get my Alaska dream.....

RC is going to rent tuxes "in house". They are in the middle of implementing that. I'm suppose to get a call this week when it's up and running. You can call, but not everyone you talk to knows much! Because we don't have much faith in this new system for our 9/21 cruise, DH is going to wear his suit instead :(

Well....... after a long phone call to the States where a lady at Cruise Formalwear said they didn't send me an e-mail!!! I read it out to her and she said she would find out what is happening. Meanwhile..... I get another e-mail saying they can't help me so I must sort it out with RCCL. I then am waiting for her return call and get another e-mail saying "ignore our first message, there is no problem and they WILL be providing tux rentals on our ship!

Now, the question is...Do I trust them that the tux will be in our cabin???

We tried to rent a tux for our son before our Indy cruise last month and cruiseline formalwear e-mailed my husband and said they don't service the ship. We just rented one and brought it with us.

I tried to rent a tux for liberty of the seas and got the same e-mail saying to contact rccl. Ive noticed that they rent on the ship but I havent seen where you can rent beforehand. I certainly dont want to get on the ship and not have a tux available. I really wish they would handle this better.

My husband rented (and already paid for) a tux for our Liberty cruise three weeks from this Saturday. We just received the email that Cruiseline Formalwear will not be providing service for this cruise. It kind of leaves us hanging on what to do about this. I hate to wait to see what RCCL does, but I also don't want to have to pack suits and dress shirts.

Well....... after a long phone call to the States where a lady at Cruise Formalwear said they didn't send me an e-mail!!! I read it out to her and she said she would find out what is happening. Meanwhile..... I get another e-mail saying they can't help me so I must sort it out with RCCL. I then am waiting for her return call and get another e-mail saying "ignore our first message, there is no problem and they WILL be providing tux rentals on our ship!

Now, the question is...Do I trust them that the tux will be in our cabin???

I would not trust them... either rent one locally and transport it with you or go the dark suit route. Do not give yourself stress over this... life is too short.

Archived