River Tubing without the falls

Maria65

I've kind of left this to the last minute. We'll be in Ocho Rios on November 2nd. Has anyone booked independently for just the river tubing? I don't want to go to Dunn's Falls. The ship's excursion for just the tubing is $58 per adult and $42 per child. The independent tours are in that same ballpark if you combine the tubing with the falls but I really don't want to do that. Any recommendations for operators who will take us to just the tubing?

I've been with Phil Lafayette twice now. We did go to the falls both times and to the tubing once. He will take you where you want to go, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THE FALL! If I remember correctly, he charges $20. per person and you can stay with him the whole day and lock up your stuff in his van when you are out doing other things. He is a hoot and will show you a good time. His email is phillaf@cwjamaic.com. I can't remember his website, but if I find it, I will post it here! Good luck!

Ask Carolyn Barrett. She will tailor make an excursion to fit your needs. She is an American living in Jamaica who understands the American needs. She has been doing this business for many years and she is very professional and very knowledgeable. She also knows everyone in Jamaica and will find you the best deal and the best situation there is to have.

http://www.barrettadventures.com/

Thank you for the suggestions. Phil was booked already. It looks like we're going to go with A-Z. We'll do some sightseeing, fern gully, the pottery studio and the river tubing. That sounds like a nice mix of seeing the local area and doing the river tubing. The ships tour was just the river tubing and I wanted to see a little more than that.

Here is the info I received from A-Z

we can offer tubing only with some sight seeing, a stop for shopping and

lunch and beach time if required cost $44 per person - includes all entrance

fees.

If you would like more details or options please do not hesitate to contact

me.

regards

Belinda

Archived