Megatrain website problems??

Oslo Dutch

I think it goes to 2 pounds after 1, but they may have changed the fare structure.

When we used megatrain in Dec, there was no separate carriage, although the website said there would be one. We asked what to do and were told "sit anywhere, we'll find you." And they did. when the conductor reached us, we told her we were on megatrain. She had a list of confirmation numbers, ours was on it, and we were OK. Have your printout with you, just in case they want to check it.

I read the earlier discussion of ticket checking at Soton. I don't remember--too excited about being about to board QE2 to care about ticket checkers. But I vaguely recall digging around in our carry-on bags to find the megatrain printout to show that we were legit. Maybe that was in Soton.

DO NOT RUSH THROUGH SOTON STATION! Take a minute or two to admire the nautical tile designs.

+++

Tickets are normally not checked leaving W'loo, and there are turnstiles at So'ton with a guard to deal with other ticket styles. I like to sit in about the 3rd/4th car from the buffers. That way one is opposite the Way Out for a taxi.

Yes, I have seen the fine maritime tiles, and I am old enough to have taken a train to the terminal at Southwestern House and then walked the short distance to British Railways ferry Normannia overnight to Le Havre.

BTW, how many UK1 tickets were there for sale?

Ted in NYC

Hi Peter,

I've got tickets for you and John now. So we'll meet each other at Waterloo on October 10th :) (I also booked one for Ernie)

£8.80 per ticket is still not bad though.

Reint

Reint - thanks very much - I hope I'll be able to take lots of great photos of the QE2 to return the compliment!

Peter

PS Tickets now £14 each.......

Reint - thanks very much - I hope I'll be able to take lots of great photos of the QE2 to return the compliment!

Peter

PS Tickets now £14 each.......

You're welcome Peter, I can remember you've given the good example here yourself for our American CC friends when bookings were not open to US credit card holders.

This whole train on October 10th seems be full with Cunarders. I am already looking forward to all the stacked luggage in the hallways :D

Reint

This whole train on October 10th seems be full with Cunarders. I am already looking forward to all the stacked luggage in the hallways :D Reint

The way the prices have shot up from £1 to £6, then £8, £12 and now £14 suggests its going to be a very busy train......Of course, those who only paid £1 will have to stand;) All the handier for getting the rest of us beers from the buffet!:D

Peter

++++

transat jon

I fjust got two tickets for UK6 each, a lot better than UK28 EACH. Was this the next fare up?

Be sure to identify yourself on the train. You can afford to buy the rest of us a couple of beers.

My print out said that there is a separate megatrain carriage.

Ted in NYC, pleased as punch

Oh there will plenty of time on board for that.

I will look out for you at the station.

Archived