Megatrain website problems??

Oslo Dutch

I checked with southwest trains , and Im told that it is ok to "break your journey" on the offer ticket, there no rescrtictions on it as long as the station you get on/off in within the journey.

Ie you can get at any station along the route, from waterloo to bournemouth,

How very odd Rob :confused:

SWT's website clearly states the following in the terms/conditions for the Advance singles you are talking about......

"3. When and where the ticket can be used

Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s). Where applicable, you must travel in the Class and reserved seat(s) shown on the ticket(s). Tickets may only be used on the services of the Train Company (or geographic route where applicable) shown next to 'Route' on the ticket. If the 'Route' also states 'and Connections', travel is allowed on appropriate connecting trains where shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary. If the route is prefixed with a cross.gif, the ticket includes the cost of travelling across London on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway or First Capital Connect (Thameslink Route) services as appropriate to the journey.

4. Conditions of use

You must be at the departure station shown on the ticket in good time to catch the train. If you miss the first train on which you are booked for any reason, a new ticket must be purchased. If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey. Railcard holders travelling on a discounted ticket must carry their Railcard when they travel. If a Railcard holder fails to produce a valid Railcard with their ticket, a new ticket must be purchased as if no Railcard and/or no ticket were held. First Class Advance tickets do not always grant access to First Class Lounges at stations. Please check with the train company you are travelling with to confirm policy at specific stations.

5. Break of journey

You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary."

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrains/tandc.htm?&href=SWTTERMS#adva

Also, Waterloo does have ticket checks on all platforms up until 1030 and from 1600, at other times the inspectors target specific arrivals. In any case ticket barriers are currently being installed at Waterloo, and have been in place at Southampton Central for quite some time. I have worked for another train operator in a "previous life" and know the station (and it's workings very well)....hope this helps :-)

SWT's website clearly states the following in the terms/conditions for the Advance singles you are talking about......

Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s). Where applicable, you must travel in the Class and reserved seat(s) shown on the ticket(s). Tickets may only be used on the services of the Train Company (or geographic route where applicable) shown next to 'Route' on the ticket. If the 'Route' also states 'and Connections', travel is allowed on appropriate connecting trains where shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary. If the route is prefixed with a cross.gif, the ticket includes the cost of travelling across London on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway or First Capital Connect (Thameslink Route) services as appropriate to the journey.

4. Conditions of use

You must be at the departure station shown on the ticket in good time to catch the train. If you miss the first train on which you are booked for any reason, a new ticket must be purchased. If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey. Railcard holders travelling on a discounted ticket must carry their Railcard when they travel. If a Railcard holder fails to produce a valid Railcard with their ticket, a new ticket must be purchased as if no Railcard and/or no ticket were held. First Class Advance tickets do not always grant access to First Class Lounges at stations. Please check with the train company you are travelling with to confirm policy at specific stations.

5. Break of journey

You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary."

Also, Waterloo does have ticket checks on all platforms up until 1030 and from 1600, at other times the inspectors target specific arrivals. In any case ticket barriers are currently being installed at Waterloo, and have been in place at Southampton Central for quite some time. I have worked for another train operator in a "previous life" and know the station (and it's workings very well)....hope this helps :-)

Maybe you should get out more LOL, I think you find that if you ask at the ticket office or information booths at waterloo and they agree, and they always do you may alight anywhere along the route, change trains and change times, all companys have T&Cs on there tickets and they can and often are altered and as long as a SW trian official agrees it it is ok, also there are No barriers or ticket inspectors at the present tiem in waterloo and wont be for aa while until the works are finished there.

"also there are No barriers or ticket inspectors at the present tiem in waterloo and wont be for aa while until the works are finished there."

That's precisely what I just said.....:rolleyes:

4. Conditions of use

5. Break of journey

This is from the £10 tickets T&Cs

C. USE OF TICKETSi

16. Starting, breaking or ending a journey at intermediate stations

You may start, or break and resume, a journey (in either direction in the case of a

return ticket) at any intermediate station, as long as the ticket you hold is valid for

the trains you want to use. You may also end your journey (in either direction in

the case of a return ticket) before the destination shown on the ticket. However,

I checked with southwest trains , and Im told that it is ok to "break your journey" on the offer ticket, there no rescrtictions on it as long as the station you get on/off in within the journey.

Ie you can get at any station along the route, from waterloo to bournemouth,

Rob,

Firstly, I commute into and out of Waterloo on a daily basis and continue my journey on the Waterloo & City Line and have done so for many years. The only exit which does not have Ticket Checkers on a regular basis is the subway on the platform which leads to the Underground, although they "swoop" several mornings a week. The subway exit is closed aftr the morning rush hour and only opens for the evening peak.

I see many mis-guided ticket evaders trying to avoid paying and getting caught. I'm sick and tired of people who think thy can beat the sytem with the reuslt that the fare paying public end up paying higher fares due to the loss of revenue

Secondly, SW18 appears to have beaten me to it with setting out the correct terms and conditions of carriage.Thank you SW18!

Thirdly, in my spare time I am a serving SPC with the BTP. Believe me, both on and off duty, I've heard the lot. I would not advise people to travel fraudulantly. As for the barriers at Soton, trust me they exist and there are several of my colleagues there who are more than happy to assist with fare evaders. It is also one of the major BTP stations.

Finally, the ticket barriers at Waterloo should soon be in place, so hopefully, people who think they can "get away with it" will be caught.

You have been warned.

Rob,

Firstly, I commute into and out of Waterloo on a daily basis and continue my journey on the Waterloo & City Line and have done so for many years. The only exit which does not have Ticket Checkers on a regular basis is the subway on the platform which leads to the Underground, although they "swoop" several mornings a week. The subway exit is closed aftr the morning rush hour and only opens for the evening peak.

I see many mis-guided ticket evaders trying to avoid paying and getting caught. I'm sick and tired of people who think thy can beat the sytem with the reuslt that the fare paying public end up paying higher fares due to the loss of revenue

Secondly, SW18 appears to have beaten me to it with setting out the correct terms and conditions of carriage.Thank you SW18!

Thirdly, in my spare time I am a serving SPC with the BTP. Believe me, both on and off duty, I've heard the lot. I would not advise people to travel fraudulantly. As for the barriers at Soton, trust me they exist and there are several of my colleagues there who are more than happy to assist with fare evaders. It is also one of the major BTP stations.

Finally, the ticket barriers at Waterloo should soon be in place, so hopefully, people who think they can "get away with it" will be caught.

You have been warned.

Well dont worry I always pay my fare, and I do agree with you , however no one is stopped at either soton or waterloo at the moment.

have to saay though I prefer a car , so much better to be driven to and from somewhere,

"also there are No barriers or ticket inspectors at the present tiem in waterloo and wont be for aa while until the works are finished there."

That's precisely what I just said.....:rolleyes:

Thats what im saying, lol.

maybe they should all go the megabus and have done with LOl.

This is from the £10 tickets T&Cs

C. USE OF TICKETS

i

I shall repeat the link on Advance Ticket T/C's.........

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrains/tandc.htm#adva

Also note the "as long as the ticket you hold is valid for the trains you want to use" - the Advance ticket conditions on my post are quite clear.

The last thing I want is for those unfamiliar with our railways is for them to be caught up in a costly mistake...................anyway I'm off to "get out more" :rolleyes:

You may start, or break and resume, a journey (in either direction in the case of a

return ticket) at any intermediate station, as long as the ticket you hold is valid for

the trains you want to use. You may also end your journey (in either direction in

the case of a return ticket) before the destination shown on the ticket. However,

I shall repeat the link on Advance Ticket T/C's.........

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrains/tandc.htm#adva

Also note the "as long as the ticket you hold is valid for the trains you want to use" - the Advance ticket conditions on my post are quite clear.

The last thing I want is for those unfamiliar with our railways is for them to be caught up in a costly mistake...................anyway I'm off to "get out more" :rolleyes:

[/left]

It will do you good, have fun.

thats why im always off out

Well dont worry I always pay my fare, and I do agree with you , however no one is stopped at either soton or waterloo at the moment.

have to saay though I prefer a car , so much better to be driven to and from somewhere,

I'm glad to hear that, however you try commuting by car in London, especially into the City on a daily basis. A snail would be quicker and no-one with any sense would willingly pay the C-Charge, unless their firm will re-imburse them.

However, as for not ticket checks, sorry, but you are wrong. Please do not give people the wrong impession.

If you read my post, you will realise that I travel through Waterloo, twice a day. In addition as a serving SPC officer with the BTP, I have regularly patrolled Waterloo and I should also point out that I have been called to deal with more Revenue disputes by the ticket checkers at Waterloo than any other station, including Victoria and London Bridge.

This is precisely because people know there are no barriers and think their tickets will not be checked.

Possibly you only travel occasionally in the off-peak or late at night when there are less checkers around.

Finally, there are barriers at Soton and when people will be travelling to the ship on the morning and afternoon of the 10th, they WILL get their tickets checked, (both at Waterloo and Soton).

I hope this clarifies the issue once and for all.

the case of a return ticket) before the destination shown on the ticket.

However

The bit you left out.....

However, these rights may not apply to some types of tickets for which a break of journey is prohibited, in which case the relevant Train Companies will make this clear in their notices and other publications.

If you start, break and resume, or end your journey at an intermediate station when you are not entitled to do so, you will be liable to pay an excess fare. This excess fare will be the difference between the price paid for the ticket you hold and the price of the lowest priced ticket(s) available for immediate travel that would have entitled you to start, break and resume, or end your journey at that station on the service(s) you have used.

Oh, and these are Southern Train's Conditions, not SouthWest Trains.....

Please, lets not confuse the visitors.......;)

I'm glad to hear that, however you try commuting by car in London, especially into the City on a daily basis. A snail would be quicker and no-one with any sense would willingly pay the C-Charge, unless their firm will re-imburse them.

However, as for not ticket checks, sorry, but you are wrong. Please do not give people the wrong impession.

If you read my post, you will realise that I travel through Waterloo, twice a day. In addition as a serving SPC officer with the BTP, I have regularly patrolled Waterloo and I should also point out that I have been called to deal with more Revenue disputes by the ticket checkers at Waterloo than any other station, including Victoria and London Bridge.

This is precisely because people know there are no barriers and think their tickets will not be checked.

Possibly you only travel occasionally in the off-peak or late at night when there are less checkers around.

Finally, there are barriers at Soton and when people will be travelling to the ship on the morning and afternoon of the 10th, they WILL get their tickets checked, (both at Waterloo and Soton).

I hope this clarifies the issue once and for all.

I submit, I submit, Im so bored, death is welcome at this moment, I may never travel by train again

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

have fun

I submit, I submit, Im so bored, death is welcome at this moment, I may never travel by train again

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

have fun

Boredom is no excuse.

However, it's nearly the weekend and I'm in a good mood, so I'll let you off with a caution. ;)

One less body will ensure that we commuters will at least get a seat.

Bon Voyage!

I just went on the website and found that we would be charged $60 to ride from Southampton to Winchester---wow--the ride is only 15 minutes. Am I reading the site wrong?

Yes

1. Megatrain do not sell tickets between Southampton & Winchester
  2. Southwest trains do - £4.70 for a cheap day single, £4.80 for a cheap day return.

http://www.swt.trainsfares.co.uk/buy_tickets/requirements/journey_requirements.asp?sitecode=SWT

Good News

www.megatrain.co.uk/uk now has tickets on sale up to January 2009.

Sorry guys, I have got all the £1 tickets for 10Oct08 for London to Southampton.

++++

transat jon

I fjust got two tickets for UK6 each, a lot better than UK28 EACH. Was this the next fare up?

Be sure to identify yourself on the train. You can afford to buy the rest of us a couple of beers.

My print out said that there is a separate megatrain carriage.

Ted in NYC, pleased as punch

++++

transat jon

I fjust got two tickets for UK6 each, a lot better than UK28 EACH. Was this the next fare up?

Be sure to identify yourself on the train. You can afford to buy the rest of us a couple of beers.

My print out said that there is a separate megatrain carriage.

Ted in NYC, pleased as punch

I think it goes to 2 pounds after 1, but they may have changed the fare structure.

When we used megatrain in Dec, there was no separate carriage, although the website said there would be one. We asked what to do and were told "sit anywhere, we'll find you." And they did. when the conductor reached us, we told her we were on megatrain. She had a list of confirmation numbers, ours was on it, and we were OK. Have your printout with you, just in case they want to check it.

I read the earlier discussion of ticket checking at Soton. I don't remember--too excited about being about to board QE2 to care about ticket checkers. But I vaguely recall digging around in our carry-on bags to find the megatrain printout to show that we were legit. Maybe that was in Soton.

DO NOT RUSH THROUGH SOTON STATION! Take a minute or two to admire the nautical tile designs.

Thankyou Reint - that would be great - I need two - and the price has gone up to £8......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi Peter,

I've got tickets for you and John now. So we'll meet each other at Waterloo on October 10th :) (I also booked one for Ernie)

£8.80 per ticket is still not bad though.

Reint

Archived