Airfares from ORD to SJU

bilyclub

i booked our airfare for 03/21/09 in may 08. i was lucky and checked everyday for a month. 3 people roundtrip nonstop ord to sju for 1100.00 total.

we took the advice to fly in a day early and this did help with the price.

our return flight on 03/29/09 has already been pushed back to 3pm. at first it was scheduled for around 2pm.

one hint i found ---- i get up early for work -- 4:30AM and always seem to find deals early in the am.

When are you flying out of Chicago? I am going the end of January. I called a travel agent that's on the northside of Chicago and she said it was a little early for prices for January and gave me a price of $410 direct ORD - SJ. She told me to give a call back in about 2 weeks and she said she promised we could get it for $350 same direct flight ORD-SJ.:cool:

Anybody find any deals lately? Cheapest I've found IS $300 with 1 stop and a lot of layover time. Is that good, bad, or average. The non-stop are in the stratosphere

When are you travelling. I just looked at a random date in Jan 09 and AA, Spirit and Delta all had flights for less than $200 and Ubited and US had non-stops for just under and just over $300.

Anybody find any deals lately? Cheapest I've found IS $300 with 1 stop and a lot of layover time. Is that good, bad, or average. The non-stop are in the stratosphere

That's a good fare. I normally pay around 400 - 450 pp nonstop to SJ out of ORD in Nov.

Hey Bob&Janet, what website did you go thru? You had a better deal then what we found. We are trying to get a direct flight.

I used kayak, which links to most airlines except AA (they are fighting at the moment). Remember though that I just looked at a random date, and price/availabilty may be very different ondate you are looking at booking. BTW, the prices I got were one way NOT rtn

After tracking/pricing flights ORD/SJU for about 3 months straight, I finally bit the bullet last month and purchased. Prices were just consistantly going up...not down, no bargins.

I got rt ORD/SJU with AA for $633.60 for 2 people, for early November this year. Those flights originally had 1 stop each way, with decent layover times.

BUT, this week I checked my reservations and low & behold...AA had switched flight times on me. We take a bus to & from O'Hare, so therefore our flights must mesh with the bus schedule. They had changed our flight coming back on Saturday night to a time that was way too late to catch the last bus for the night. They had also changed our flight out to 25 min earlier in the morning. Now 25 min isn't much, but the first bus of the morning arrives at the terminal at 5am (leaving Rockford at 3:30), that would only give us a 1 hour buffer before our flight took off. If we hit a traffic snag, breakdown, etc...we're up the creek.

Soooooooooo, I called AA and was able to change to flights more condusive to the bus schedule. Now our flight home is a NON STOP. Cool. If I were to purchase these same flights now...they would be over $1200 for the 2 of us. AA gave me NO problems when I called, very nice about switching the flights (at no cost to me, since they screwed up).

Why not drive to O'Hare and park the car for the week you ask? Well the drive itself is simple & short...just 65 min from home, straight east on I90. But we'd end up paying a small fortune to park there, even in the economy lots. Last time I paid for parking a couple of years ago, it was $25/day for regular & $13/day for economy. The bus costs roughly half the cost of economy parking for the week. Plus, we have to board our dogs that week too...so we try to save $$ where ever we can.

When I was pricing flights, I used many of the websites already listed by other posters above. I also check & compare on Expedia, Travelocity & Orbitz too. Sometimes, they catch good deals that you can't seem to get directly from the airlines.

Good luck in finding flights just right for you! :D

Parking rates are crazy at ORD. Just a quick note many hotels near the airport will let you park your car for the length of your cruise/trip if you stay the nite before. you then can also use the free shuttle to and from ORD.

I'm fortunate as i work near the airport and have free secured parking. when we travel we leave my car there and taxi over for about $12.00

Has anyone tried MDW to SJU??? not close for us but might be helpful to others.

Good luck and keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i booked our airfare for 03/21/09 in may 08. i was lucky and checked everyday for a month. 3 people roundtrip nonstop ord to sju for 1100.00 total.

we took the advice to fly in a day early and this did help with the price.

our return flight on 03/29/09 has already been pushed back to 3pm. at first it was scheduled for around 2pm.

one hint i found ---- i get up early for work -- 4:30AM and always seem to find deals early in the am.

I guess I didn't look hard enough. We booked our flight on 5/14 for 2 people rt on 3/21 non-stop for $1000.

I'm not familiar with kayak or sidestep. I'll have to locate those sites.

MartysMom or others: We are flying out at 8:15am on Saturday 3/21 and are coming in from Milwaukee, WI area. I am looking into (1) good spots to pay for 8 days of parking or (2) a good hotel to park, sleep, and fly. I have found one hotel (Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village for a total with tax $105). Any suggestions...

I've been checking on kayak and the aa site for the last week. The fare predicter site says fares will be steady or fall. I'm looking at the second week in december. Spirit can be had for $265 with 1 stop, but I'm not a big fan of theirs. Live close to ORD so Midways a pain.

I guess I didn't look hard enough. We booked our flight on 5/14 for 2 people rt on 3/21 non-stop for $1000.

MartysMom or others: We are flying out at 8:15am on Saturday 3/21 and are coming in from Milwaukee, WI area. I am looking into (1) good spots to pay for 8 days of parking or (2) a good hotel to park, sleep, and fly. I have found one hotel (Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village for a total with tax $105). Any suggestions...

That hotel will put u about 20 minutes from the airport. Has good access to I-90. Many other hotels closer to ORD. I'll check some for u and post back asap.:)

I just checked with priceline. Holiday Inn select (rosemont IL) total of $101.00 for i nite 03/20/09-03/21/09. this is aprrox 5 minutes to ORD and run free shuttles. Helpful hint to stay close to ORD look for hotels located in Rosemont IL. ALso all have easy access to I-90 and 294 North or South.

See you are from WI--leave yourselves some time to get here. The weather is very unpredictable in March. I'm sure you know that already. :) :) --

we are flying to sju from ord in jan '09 and are staying the night before our flight @ the Renaissance chicago o'hare suites....you can leave your car there for the week, take their shuttle to the airport, and i think the total was approx $125...i think this is on bryn mawr (sp?)...

I just checked with priceline. Holiday Inn select (rosemont IL) total of $101.00 for i nite 03/20/09-03/21/09. this is aprrox 5 minutes to ORD and run free shuttles. Helpful hint to stay close to ORD look for hotels located in Rosemont IL. ALso all have easy access to I-90 and 294 North or South.

See you are from WI--leave yourselves some time to get here. The weather is very unpredictable in March. I'm sure you know that already. :) :) --

Hi Martysmom,

Thanks for the info. I did find the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village (4 miles from ORD) for $89/night (includes up to 14 days parking), plus a $4.99 transaction fee. When I called the hotel direct, they quoted me $149/night.

The site I used was www.parksleepfly.com. I did look into the BBB ratings and info on them. It checked out OK.

The reason we are coming in the night before is because we are from Wisconsin!!!! Although O'Hare is only 1-1/2 hours on a good drive; the weather, coupled with traffic can turn that into a nightmare.

Jodie

• 2 weeks later...

I have been checking almost every day for flights for us, we are going the day before as well, Jan. 24th out of ORD to SJ and the prices do not seem to be coming down at all. I have read all your replies and will take some of your ideas. Bilyclub that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Archived