Tux rental

tommyj4

It seems like RCCL is now taking over Cruise line formal wear. I reserved a tux with Cruise Line Formal Wear and received an Email that they are no longer servicing RCCL on the Liberty of the seas.

I had an e-mail on Tuesday to say they aren't servicing Splendour on 27 September. I looked on RCI link to reserve one. Guess what? It took me back to Cruiselineformalwear. I rang RCI UK who said they don't do tux rental, they do it all through Cruiselineformal. I then rang the States and spoke to someone at Cruiselineformal who said they didn't send me an e-mail cancelling my order!! I read it out to her and she said she would look into it for me. I then got an e-mail to say they had made a mistake with the original message and they ARE servicing Splendour on our date.

I don't know what is going on, but if there is no tux in our sateroom when we board I shall be furious.

I just got an email from cruiseline formal and it stated that they are no longer servicing any RCCL ships at all. When I talked to them they stated that RCCL was doing it in-house from now on. So good luck to all:eek: I think I am going to take a suit with me on our Serenade cruise to Hawaii, as much as I hate to have to.....

I've been talking to RC for awhile about this...changing suppliers...in house...call you next week...blah de blah...

My husband is bringing his suit...this is our first time trying to rent a tux and I don't want to have to eat in the Windjammer on our 25th Anniversary!!:eek: :) :D

Just spoke to Cruiseline Formal Wear. They are not doing all ship anymore. Liberty is being cut off at some point, we are going in cot and they said no, not doing it for then..Call RCCL.

I found the number to call for RCCL. They have two packages.

1-800-590-6193

I have been dealing with the same situation on AOS. I got the same e-mail so I called RCCL C&A and they said that someone would call me back with in 48 hrs. Of course this never happened, but I did wait about 42 hrs. before I called them back. Well to make a long story short call RCCL C&A at 1-800-526-9723, tell them why you’re calling and ask that they transfer you to Angie in Formal Ware. Don’t let them have someone call you back and Don’t get off the phone until they transfer you. It worked for me, Angie took all my Info (sizes, cabin #, res #) and told me it would be in my cabin by 6:00 PM on the day of departure. Also, no credit card required, it goes on your On-Board Account.

Good Luck,

Joe

Just spoke to Cruiseline Formal Wear. They are not doing all ship anymore. Liberty is being cut off at some point, we are going in cot and they said no, not doing it for then..Call RCCL.

I found the number to call for RCCL. They have two packages.

1-800-590-6193

I have been dealing with the same situation on AOS. I got the same e-mail so I called RCCL C&A and they said that someone would call me back with in 48 hrs. Of course this never happened, but I did wait about 42 hrs. before I called them back. Well to make a long story short call RCCL C&A at 1-800-526-9723, tell them why you’re calling and ask that they transfer you to Angie in Formal Ware. Don’t let them have someone call you back and Don’t get off the phone until they transfer you. It worked for me, Angie took all my Info (sizes, cabin #, res #) and told me it would be in my cabin by 6:00 PM on the day of departure. Also, no credit card required, it goes on your On-Board Account.

Good Luck,

Joe

Thank you to both of you, we talked to C&A twice and both times we were told that cruiseline formal was still doing tuxes and that we needed to call them. How frustrating when one hand doesn't know what the other is doing!!!

I will call and try to talk to Angie:D

I just tried to book a tux rental through the RCCL website and got the email that said they couldn't take the order. So I called Angie at the 800 number provided in this thread. She said they are transitioning the rental from cruise line formal wear to RCCL. So it depends on the dates and ships. We are sailing the Brilliance on October 8th out of Barcelona. She took all the measurement info and said it will be billed to my SeaPass account on the date of sailing. I am supposed to receive an email confirmation. I hope this helps.

I have been in this Tuxed "hell" for well over a month. Numerous emails and phone class to both Cruiseline Formalwear and RCCL themselves. Got the usual get back to you in 48 hours etc etc. Yeah right! I still haven't managed to reserve a Tuxedo. The time difference from Australia is awkaward to say the least for phone calls ... and expensive when they keep you on hold.

I am departing on FOS (back to back) 28/9/2008. Surely I can get one oredered by then.................!

I have been in this Tuxed "hell" for well over a month. Numerous emails and phone class to both Cruiseline Formalwear and RCCL themselves. Got the usual get back to you in 48 hours etc etc. Yeah right! I still haven't managed to reserve a Tuxedo. The time difference from Australia is awkaward to say the least for phone calls ... and expensive when they keep you on hold.

I am departing on FOS (back to back) 28/9/2008. Surely I can get one oredered by then.................!

I got an e-mail the other day to say "apologies for our first message, we ARE still servicing the Splendour, ignore the message saying your tux hire is cancelled" Yesterday I e-mailed asking if they GUARANTEE my tux will be in our stateroom on 27 September and they said yes!

Wish they'd get all this cleared up.

I just called Cruisline Formal Wear and as of September 30th they will no longer be servicing RCI. Those wanting to rent a tux will have to go directly through RCI. I am curious to know what the price with RCI wlill be. In the past I've paid $85 for a basic package.

Strange, a week or so ago I reserved my tux for our upcoming Brilliance cruise in 4 weeks. Booked it online through the RCI link to Cruiseline Formalwear and it went through without a hitch. Got my confirmation back in a matter of minutes.

Aubie

Strange, a week or so ago I reserved my tux for our upcoming Brilliance cruise in 4 weeks. Booked it online through the RCI link to Cruiseline Formalwear and it went through without a hitch. Got my confirmation back in a matter of minutes.

Aubie

In talking to Cruiseline Formal Wear and the Formal Wear Rental Part of RCL, they both said it is only on select ships as of now. You have to check to make sure. The RCL dept is so new they don't have anything on their web site yet ( this was told to me by the rep) They have two options to chose from and they explain both, they take all your info over the phone anad then the charge goes on your seapass.

Archived