Princess Cay bungalow - more than 6?

acruisefan

I am considering getting one of the bungalows on Princess Cay but we are a party of 9 and I really do not want to rent 2. I have 2 elderly relatives with us who would appreciate the golf cart ride, the food and the a/c comfort. I know my DH and I would use it, too. I also have a teen who will barely use it and 4 young adults who will basically be busy with activities on the beach.

I understand that there are only 6 seats, priority tender tickets for 6, etc. Don't see that as a problem - the younger ones can get in line for food, etc. But could they bring it over to the bungalow to be with us?

Is this workable, or not a good idea?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I am considering getting one of the bungalows on Princess Cay but we are a party of 9 and I really do not want to rent 2. I have 2 elderly relatives with us who would appreciate the golf cart ride, the food and the a/c comfort. I know my DH and I would use it, too. I also have a teen who will barely use it and 4 young adults who will basically be busy with activities on the beach.

I understand that there are only 6 seats, priority tender tickets for 6, etc. Don't see that as a problem - the younger ones can get in line for food, etc. But could they bring it over to the bungalow to be with us?

Is this workable, or not a good idea?

Thanks!

4 inside, 2 on deck and 4 in front on loungers with umbrella would work :)

10-1-07-30EhPxj_fs.jpg

7041258qNs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Beach access at the end of the seawall to the right when facing the water....we also walked down the beach a bit to find someother folks and went in with them...

The waiter brought enough food that the 6 of us ate and some friends that walked down were able to "nibble also"...

don't recall how close the restrooms were...we walked back to the tender and passed the kioskis, shop and other bulidings..maybe 2-3 minutes.... The golf carts were taking one or two people at a time and some of them really needed the rides.

Only one member of our group last March actually used the a/c...we all ate outside we got the bugalow cause some folks have trouble walking and liked the idea of the ride and the available secure seats and footing of the deck area...same thing this fall.

Scooter, thanks. Do I have to have my final payment made before I can reserve a cabana on Princess Cay? And I presume it's done through the Princess website and can be done ahead of time? Thanks again. We want to get one for my MIL who is just shy of 85, but absolutely loves to cruise.

You can book a cabana pre-cruise on the Princess excursions website. Keep watching there for when the excursions open up. The cabanas usually book fast. You can also post on your specific cruise's Roll Call thread, asking for a "heads-up" from your fellow cruisers when the excursions open for your cruise.

Not all Princess excursions are refundable if you cancel on the ship so be sure to read the Princess write-up before booking. I'm pretty sure a cabana is one of them.

Good luck in booking one -- it'll be perfect for your MIL!

Scooter, thanks. Do I have to have my final payment made before I can reserve a cabana on Princess Cay? And I presume it's done through the Princess website and can be done ahead of time? Thanks again. We want to get one for my MIL who is just shy of 85, but absolutely loves to cruise.

Excursions generally open up about 90-95 days before sailing, and final payment is due at about day 75, so no, you do not have to be fully paid up to reserve your excursions. The excursions are put on your shipboard account, and you will settle up at the end of the cruise, with the credit card you provide when you go through check in (you should also put this CC in on cruise personalizer on the last page of the "Immigration" section.

Thanks candy and scooter. It's been about 8 years since we last cruised on Princess and I'd gotten used to the way Carnival runs things. They don't open the shore excursions to pax until they received final payment. Then they mysteriously appear. I found a section on the Princess website last night that says they open the shore excursions no more than 120 days before the actual cruise date. So I have the 120 day mark circled on my kitchen calendar and I'll be online at 0000 hours trying to book one. Thanks again for the advice.

Thanks candy and scooter. It's been about 8 years since we last cruised on Princess and I'd gotten used to the way Carnival runs things. They don't open the shore excursions to pax until they received final payment. Then they mysteriously appear. I found a section on the Princess website last night that says they open the shore excursions no more than 120 days before the actual cruise date. So I have the 120 day mark circled on my kitchen calendar and I'll be online at 0000 hours trying to book one. Thanks again for the advice.

Hi Rick,

Our experience has been that 120 is a shot in the dark, and you'll most likely see them open up somewhere south of 100 days.

I have one reserved spec. for shade and now am concerned we will not get one with trees as I look at the picture. I got one of the last ones so does anyone know what my best chance to get shade would be. I changed from the cabana after reading the posts about them being hot. I hate to have paid $200 and not have shade. I know I could go inside but that is not really what I wanted.

Archived