HELP! Ballantyne pier - When Can I Arrive to ask for Upgrades?

pk&Di

Hi All,

We are leaving for our cruise this Sunday August 31st, 2008. I am wondering what time I can arrive at the pier to try and get an upgrade.

Any info you can offer would be great!

Thanks,

Paul

You probably will not get an upgrade. At least not for free. And probably not one either if you offer to pay.

I have done over 40 cruises on many cruise lines. Even on some cruises that had lots of available cabins. They almost always say no. I have been upgraded several times a few weeks before we sailed, but never at the pier.

If you want a better cabin, try to pay for one with a discount before you go.

Thanks so much for the replies. The last time we went with RCCL, I asked and there were none available but we had arrived quite late. I sort of got the impression that had I arrived earlier, I might have received one.

Does anyone know what time I can arrive at the pier?

Thanks so much!

P

Good evening,

Alaska sailings are, for the most part, sold out well before embarkation. Thus the chances of having something available for extra $$$ on the day of sailing are virtually non-existent. The ''one week from sailing'' time window people sometimes refer to is the period during which H.Q. will try and accomodate ''special circumstances'' and shuffle a few rooms, and perhaps ( if any are left ) , upgrade ''special'' guests.

But on the day of sailing, nope....like DKJRETIRED said earlier

BTW; you can arrive at Bannantyne pier as early as 11.00am...process might not be started just as yet ( it's just about to, generally ) but you'll be at//near the front of the line when it gets going.

Happy sailings

Cheers

:)

Archived