Setting up onboard expense account

Good Gawd........I just started filling out my online cruise registration. In the past, I've always driven to the port so I didn't need to fill out flight info, hotel info, rental car info for AFTER the cruise. Also, the info is different for me and my son and his wife. What a nightmare. If I was a terrorist, I'd just tell them I'm walking home. This info can't possibly be required by HS. I'm sure it all goes into a marketing database for sales use.

OK, now that I got that off my chest, why can't I set up my sail-n-sign card online? Am I too far out to complete it? It won't let me book excursions beyond 120 days out with the cruise paid in full. :(

Good Gawd........I just started filling out my online cruise registration. In the past, I've always driven to the port so I didn't need to fill out flight info, hotel info, rental car info for AFTER the cruise. Also, the info is different for me and my son and his wife. What a nightmare. If I was a terrorist, I'd just tell them I'm walking home. This info can't possibly be required by HS. I'm sure it all goes into a marketing database for sales use.

OK, now that I got that off my chest, why can't I set up my sail-n-sign card online? Am I too far out to complete it? It won't let me book excursions beyond 120 days out with the cruise paid in full. :(

I don't think that the cruise needs to be paid in full in order to book an excursion. I think that says you need to have paid a full deposit.

I don't think that the cruise needs to be paid in full in order to book an excursion. I think that says you need to have paid a full deposit.

Yeah, you're right about that my PVP even told me. But, I thought I'd be able to set up my sail-n-sign account. When I go to that page, the link doesn't work.

I have set up an excursion and have not paid in full, but I do remember is was had to find the right spot to do it in

Cathy

So what is the right spot? I've been looking at this myself. I am 140 days out, and when I click on Plan activites and reserve an excursion, all I get is the generic message that I can only book excursions between 3 and 120 days.

To the orginal OP, on our last cruise, the website only took the last 4 digits of our credit card, and we had to set the account up while checking in a embarkation. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Good Gawd........I just started filling out my online cruise registration. In the past, I've always driven to the port so I didn't need to fill out flight info, hotel info, rental car info for AFTER the cruise. Also, the info is different for me and my son and his wife. What a nightmare. If I was a terrorist, I'd just tell them I'm walking home. This info can't possibly be required by HS. I'm sure it all goes into a marketing database for sales use. Well, you'd be wrong about this. This information is used to help Carnival rebook your flights, etc., should your ship be seriously delayed in returning to port due to weather or other things. For instance, during hurricane season, some ships are unable to return to homeport until 1 or 2 days later. Carnival uses your flight info to get busy making changes for you so that when you arrive back, it's pretty well taken care of. It is also used by HS, if necessary, to track you if you turn out to be a not-so-upstanding citizen after the fact. Carnival has all the information they need for marketing from your reservation information. They don't ask for this information because it looks good on the funpass; there is a reason for it.

Here, from the website:

All Cruise Lines after January 1, 2004 will need to comply with new Homeland Security requirements from the Federal Government. Carnival has implemented a new “online” system for obtaining the information needed to comply with these requirements AND a way to speed up your check-in.

Further:

All guests in your cabin must provide the required information in order to obtain a FunPass. Online registration is available until the day before sailing. Taking a few minutes now will let you start enjoying your long-awaited cruise that much sooner.

The information that you have provided to Carnival may be shared with government agencies as required by law or as requested by such agencies.

From their website:

Already booked your "Fun Ship" cruise? If you've made a full deposit and you are not within three days of -- or more than 120 days from -- your departure date, you can book your shore excursions online now! Simply go to the My Reservation link at top of page and select 'Add Shore Excursions.' If you have not registered yet, click here to add your cruise reservation to your profile. Shore Excursions are subject to availability and not available on all ship and sail dates.

OP must be too far out......

I have filled out quite a few fun passes online and have not been inundated with unsoloicted mails of any kinds.

The fun pass is used for flights--in case of problems. If the ship is late arriving into port people are going to need to make arrangments.

Mostly that stuff is for early flights to expediate those off first= BUT even with early flights we still needed to go down and ask for early off tags.

(excursions are listed about 120 days before the cruise-= if the ship is in a new home port expect a wait

OK I went to the carnival site, clicked on mycruise, logged in, on the left side clicked on my documents, then clicked on plan activities the window brought up my choices and I went from there,

Hope this helps

Cathy

Thanks! that was where I was looking, so I must just be too far out! I'll keep checking back.

Don't you know this is the one time I REALLY want to book an excursion ahead of time!

OK I went to the carnival site, clicked on mycruise, logged in, on the left side clicked on my documents, then clicked on plan activities the window brought up my choices and I went from there,

Hope this helps

Cathy

you are only 62 days from sailing--- could be why you can see it.

can you access your other cruise information?

Archived