Buenos Aires to Santiago

40cub

Has anybody taken the Regent 14 day cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago? We just took their 7 day Baltic cruise and enjoyed it very much, but wondered if 14 days on board may be too long. If you are familiar with any of the ports for S. America I would love feedback on that, too. Also, weather for February?

If you enjoyed 7 days why not double the pleasure?

With the hassles of flying these days 7 days is hardly worth the trouble in our opinion.

We'd rather take one long cruise than a couple of shorties - that limits the number of flights and the associated costs.

As a bonus you're more likely to get some sea days on longer cruises so you can enjoy the ship. Sea days can be as active or as relaxing as you desire: watch the ocean go by with a good book or participate in ship activities .

February is summer in S. America so the weather should be good. When we rounded the Horn it was almost placid, but it's not always that way. Some of us were actually disappointed we didn't have a little excitement rounding the Horn.

We did the reverse on Mariner this Jan/Feb. Here is a link to the blog we kept onboard. Use the blue right arrows on the upper and lower righthand side of the screen to page forward. Obviously, we did not think it was too long!

Debbie

http://journals.aol.com/dfriia/circle-south-america-2008-aboard/entries/2008/01/22/day-18---january-21-2008---valparaiso-chile/1763

Having done the B.A. to Valp. portion several years ago on Princess Royal, I thought that my log and private tours were tops until I read yours. What a great writing ! We only had one poor weather day and that was in Puerto Montt. Luckily the stop was only 6 hours.

You helped us revive such pleasant memories of an unforgettable cruise.

I'll be on my 4th BA to Valp in Feb and it's one of the best itineraries anywhere. 14 days is really too short. The views and local restaurants are exceptional. Be sure to spend 3 or 4 extra days in BA first - it's like a beautiful European city at a fraction of the cost.

Well, never mind about a detailed account as I just accessed dfb's journal. The cruise looks great. We are planning a land trip of Argentina and Chile next year and considered cruising down from the USA. Will continue to monitor postings. Muchas Gracias!

Archived